Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition for Johnny Lightning to create a diecast car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Signed.

Sometime soon, if this doesn't work, we should investigate doing the 3D printer deal. Could be more likely, and the cost should keep coming down as time goes by and more are put into service.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^Now if we could only do 3D printing of FMS bumpers, ect.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Signed.

Sometime soon, if this doesn't work, we should investigate doing the 3D printer deal. Could be more likely, and the cost should keep coming down as time goes by and more are put into service.

Karl
          That would be killer! Does anybody here work with that?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Signed

Comment

There are websites that do 3D printing. You upload your design and then they print it for you on demand. Like as orders come in for it. You could theoretically do a model kit of a Festiva even, if somebody took the time to model all the parts.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Sketch wrote:

"There are websites that do 3D printing. You upload your design and then they print it for you on demand. Like as orders come in for it. You could theoretically do a model kit of a Festiva even, if somebody took the time to model all the parts."

Could they use one of the Kia Pride models that exist to "print out" some?

Or would pictures or a drawing/diagram be enough?

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm not sure on the specifics, but one site is http://www.shapeways.com/

There is a Festiva model out there too. http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=7894

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Well now you got me downloading blender and Kia Pride models from the GTA mods website. Curse you interwebs!

But seriously, this is very possible. I should be able to shorten, remove rear doors, etc to get a Festiva model out of a Pride model. I have no idea how much shapeways will charge, though. I don't think it's cheap.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

It has begun.

Not sure the quality will be on par with a diecast mass produced thing, but I'll post a new thread if I get something workable done. Blender has a steep learning curve and I've forgotten nearly everything I had learned years ago, so don't expect anything quick.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Last update i'll put in this thread. It's definitely happening. I'm still working on cleaning up the meshes and combining them into 2 parts. A shell and wheels. The original is very detailed, but it's just too much for this. Won't have an interior nor will the doors open. This is to try to keep the cost down, as I have no control over that other than how complex the design is, because as best I can tell from the website, they charge based on CC of raw material used. So, less parts = less cost. I have some cool ideas I'll try to work into it too. I want 2 bodies and multiple wheels to choose from.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          That would be killer! Does anybody here work with that?
                          Why yes, yes they do. By proxy anyway.

New thread here.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                          X