Persuading someone to sell a Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ No ,I was in street clothes :lol:
    Maybe it would be a Little more persuasive if I was in uniform .
    Ma'am If you don't sell me your car for cheap I will need to impound it ,just for general purpose :lol: :lol:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

:lol: yes then lightly tap on your holster.
      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I'm not a Festiva hog.

I'm priveleged. Priveleged to spot them in areas where they are scarce, and priveleged to live in the Land of Festivas, where they roam freely and are plentiful.

Plus, there's always an orphan Festiva that needs a good home!
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I had one guy "willing" to sell me his Festiva that hasn't moved since I can remember (blown engine). Said he would "let it go" for $700. It was nice but had a salvage title
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

^^I can't believe that guy still won't get up off that car :? :? ^^
            Thats just like the one's here ,they say they are going to do something with them ,and they just sit and sit ????
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

kinda like the kid that doesnt really want something till he knows someone else wants it also :lol:

i was just kidding tim, more power to your search for the orphan festiva :lol:

naw...begging doesnt help with woman or cars :bounce:

Comment

You could always try begging!
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
                  kinda like the kid that doesnt really want something till he knows someone else wants it also :lol:

i was just kidding tim, more power to your search for the orphan festiva :lol:
                  I know. I was just giving you a hard time.
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

A work buddy has had an aqua '92L 5 speed that he bought for...

FIVE BUCKS! From a dealer who was just getting rid of used inventory due to a freeway project replacing his lot.

He drove this car to work and back for three or four years and now it's been sitting in his garage for about two years.

Every so often I ask when he's going to sell it or at least fix it up (gas prices!!) and drive it again. He says his wife likes it.

Damn. Some people...

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

does his wife drive it ever???? or maybe she just has plans to make a nice floor lamp out of it someday:lol: and you can see who wears the pants in that family :lol: :salute: yes dear, yes dear!

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                        A work buddy has had an aqua '92L 5 speed that he bought for...

FIVE BUCKS! From a dealer who was just getting rid of used inventory due to a freeway project replacing his lot.

He drove this car to work and back for three or four years and now it's been sitting in his garage for about two years.

Every so often I ask when he's going to sell it or at least fix it up (gas prices!!) and drive it again. He says his wife likes it.

Damn. Some people...

Karl
                        Offer to double what he paid for it!
                        Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I went back to inquire about the Festiva, and I got the same guy I met the first time - the one who said it wasn't for sale.

His boss, the owner, wasn't there so he called him on the phone and came back saying the car wasn't for sale.

I'm thinking this guy is lying to me. The phone conversation sounded like it was faked, and I got the same "it's not for sale" response as last time. I think he wants it too, and is afraid his boss will sell it to me, hence the fake phone conversation. Come to think of it, I don't even think he talked to his boss the first time I went there, because I didn't hear any voices from the small back room/office. :x :evil:

So Monday I'm going to hammer this out once and for all. It's getting kind of annoying hearing two different responses, and I'm not going to quit until I get a final response from the owner, not his employee.
                          White '89L auto - Sold!
                          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

i would suggest phoning instead. ask for the owner, say its personal if they asked what its in reference to. you might get farther as you cant seem to trust the other guys word. did you get the owners name by chance.

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
                              i would suggest phoning instead. ask for the owner, say its personal if they asked what its in reference to. you might get farther as you cant seem to trust the other guys word. did you get the owners name by chance.
                              I did get the guy's name and we shook hands.

He asked me for my number as well; I didn't have to offer to leave it.

So Monday I will pay him a personal visit and we'll see what happens.
                              White '89L auto - Sold!
                              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Good luck Timmy!!

Brian wrote:

Offer to double what he paid for it!
                                I was all set to pay him anywhere from $125 to $150 for it, but that never happened. Now I don't really "need" it. I have to fix my two other nonrunners first!

Karl
                                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                                X