Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New OEM stuff we still can order (pics and part numbers inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was discussed in a thread once before. It was suggested that the inertia mechanism was handed. I hope you have them installed correctly. Do they both lock when you hit the brakes? You could always fold the belt and pull it through the guide to get the twist the way you want it.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-21-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah the problem with pulling it through is that it then puts the bottom mount facing the wrong way thus not allowing it to swivel as intended. Suppose I could space it a 1/4' but don't really like that idea soo much.

Do you possibly have a link to that thread? Would be interested in the read.

BTW I have a short list of 4 green stuff. closing in on $200 atm. some good stuff there. Love it.
      -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        jaw, did you see my posts about the Kamei cooler armrest? I was planning on welding a couple of steel tubes to the seat brackets and simply drop in the armrest.
        I know it only holds one beer bottle, but it will at least get you from one Brewer's Retail to the next.
        I think I remember reading something about it.. But I think that an armrest would interfere with my driving style.

sent from the depths of hell.
        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km
        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Does anyone know the p/n for the window regulators? I have no luck finding a good one anywhere!
          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Originally posted by Huli View Post
            Does anyone know the p/n for the window regulators? I have no luck finding a good one anywhere!
            Where are you? I have a few. Which side?
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^ if after he gets one from ya I am in dire need of a driver one but may also get a passenger one if the price is right and they are in good working order. I currently need to pull the window up with my right hand while I crank with the left. Pass side isn't quite as bad but it getting worse. These nasty Ohio winters really take their toll on 'em.
              -Bryant

Comment

Pm sent Eurotiva. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

for the 3 door w/o power windows, these should be the correct KIA part #s and are still shown available (4G) for about $27. RH- KKY01 58 560E. LH- KKY01 59 560E. you might also consider throwing in some plastic grommets that interface between the glass and the window mechanism. MS084 58 502.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoy not having to reach across the passenger seat to wind the window up or dpwn. Third best mod I have done. What's the first two? Good question.
                    1. twin carbs
                    2. remote progressive power locks

Comment

group# 21572 in this diagram is the channel you want to lube up to unbind the glass.

Comment

Looking through the Four Green catalog I wonder how you guys find what parts you are looing for. Do you have exploded views of Prides, 121's or Festiva's or some other way I am unfamiliar with? I do have a rather large parts order nearing completion with them though. I'm guessing with shipping it will be in the area of maybe $250+
                        -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                          for the 3 door w/o power windows, these should be the correct KIA part #s and are still shown available (4G) for about $27. RH- KKY01 58 560E. LH- KKY01 59 560E. you might also consider throwing in some plastic grommets that interface between the glass and the window mechanism. MS084 58 502.
                          Was there ever kits for a 4 door?

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

there's a 4 door pride sedan. there's a 4 door hatch. there's a 4 door wagon and there's our 2 door hatch. almost each version has its own particular part#for window mechanisms and there's usually a difference between the manual and power mechanisms. if i was going to convert to power windows, i'd try to get the mechanisms from the same body type as you're converting but the front power mechanisms from a 4 door hatch should be adaptable to the 2 door hatch. not perfect but doable. the 4 door hatch parts are more plentiful on ebay, especially ebay germany. it seems 4 door hatch prides with front PW were big sellers over there. the 2 door has the PW switches in the center console. the 4 door hatch has them in the front armrests and for some halfassd reason, the rear windows are manual with a crank.

Comment

Well, I'm gonna order the part #'s you listed above for the power window regulators. Tonight is the night. I am gonna try and do my own switches and we'll see how they work.
                              -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                                there's a 4 door pride sedan. there's a 4 door hatch. there's a 4 door wagon and there's our 2 door hatch. almost each version has its own particular part#for window mechanisms and there's usually a difference between the manual and power mechanisms. if i was going to convert to power windows, i'd try to get the mechanisms from the same body type as you're converting but the front power mechanisms from a 4 door hatch should be adaptable to the 2 door hatch. not perfect but doable. the 4 door hatch parts are more plentiful on ebay, especially ebay germany. it seems 4 door hatch prides with front PW were big sellers over there. the 2 door has the PW switches in the center console. the 4 door hatch has them in the front armrests and for some halfassd reason, the rear windows are manual with a crank.
                                If that's the case, I'll get the 2 door console for the switches and 4 door regulators for the fronts.

Sucks that they never made rear door electric regulators.

Might even opt for a set of those universal kits and DIY it myself using Festiva switch sets, maybe even modify the 2dr console and add spaces for the rear two windows with a cutoff so people can't go "duh, the windows go up and down hehehehe" all the time, beavis and butthead styles.

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
                                X