No announcement yet.

what would you guys pay for wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to get some real Minilites (they start at around $900 for wheels only) or a real light, nice looking wheel (a full set usually costs over $500). A new set of Konig Heliums that are pretty light would cost around $400 I think.

But then "cost effectiveness" comes in, along with the threat of "bling" attracting unwanted attention.

Used Miata wheels for 4 X 100 bolt pattern can be had for under $100 a set. I've paid the following for used wheels:

Miata '99+ five spokes: $130
    Miata Daisies: $80
    Miata seven solid spokes: $60
    Honda VX: $80

Be patient and keep looking and there are deals to be had, at least in 13" and 14" sizes.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

@safteyguy: I know where a set of mini lights are I think 8-900 maybe give or take.

I've passed up on a lot of wheels. Looks and wheels can make or break a car. Call me vein. There is a look that I am going for with my festi. Now I know,cost effective wise, it may not be a "deal" or a find at first glance, but these wheels also fit on my 280zx-t so two birds one stone.

Vintage wheels tickle my fancy way more than modern wheels. Also the thought of wide 13" and 14" wheels from a racing standpoint.......
      Fast....Women are fast
      Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Two months ago I bought five (5) 15 x 6.5 aluminum wheels for $79 each. They're not making them in 15" anymore and I think the good price was a result of them trying to get rid of them. Shipping was about $100, so about $500 total. That's just for the wheels, BTW, no tires.

I see 15" aftermarket wheels sometimes on the internet for $80-100 AND free shipping but none that look very nice, in my opinion. The kind of wheels I'm talking about (the $80-100 ones) are typically simple-design, single piece wheels.

What's the max I'd pay? I'm about to go home from work and order 5 more wheels (for my second Festy) for $110 each. Shipping is going to be the KILLER on those because they're coming from Canada. Ouch....

All together it will be about $750 (wheels and shipping) which makes me want to cry.[/B]

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
        I have a few forums that I frequent that consistently have 13-15" wheels for sale. Most of them in our bolt pattern. Some of them 4x100.
        Hey Milton....so what is the site/forum???
        Last edited by Twistiva; 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM.
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
        X