Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another clueless festiva dogger.

Took care of that.

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Re: Another clueless festiva dogger.

I don't see what the problem is. He said they had poor crash ratings, which I believe they did. He said they rust out, and there's no denying that. And he said were nut jobs. That's not a lie either.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

You tore him up Paul!! Nicely done!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I left a little comment as well!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I don't see what the problem is. He said they had poor crash ratings, which I believe they did. He said they rust out, and there's no denying that. And he said were nut jobs. That's not a lie either.
          neanderpaul rejects your reality and substitutes his own.

So there.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I don't see what the problem is.
            Seriously? from the article...
            "it's really terrible."

He said they had poor crash ratings, which I believe they did.
            To which I replied..
            "Worse than average safety? Okay, I'll give you that."

He said they rust out, and there's no denying that.
            Nothing rusts here. Everything rusts there.
            This was my reply to that..
            "a relentless propensity to corrode? Try...No. Here is one I had last year. It's 22 years old, has never had any rust proofing, has sat parked outside for all of those 22 years, and it has zero rust. http://s286.photobucket.com/user/nea...ff3-1.jpg.html
            95% of the festivas in my area are that way. And where they rust ALL cars rust. "

And he said were nut jobs. That's not a lie either.
            To which I replied...
            "There are nutjobs out there who love these things to death and seek them out? Yeah, I'm a nutjob."

I'm having a real hard time not calling you out Brad. I'll let my quotes above speak for themselves.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              neanderpaul rejects your reality and substitutes his own.

So there.
              To which I replied..
              "Worse than average safety? Okay, I'll give you that."

Comment

I was just goofing.

People hate for no reason, and people aren't willing to fix little things as they come up, and so they end up with a bad impression of a car they didn't really take care of. I get it. He got what was coming to him.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I know

Comment

Paul saw this.beauty in town yesterday
                    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Awesome! He needs a pass side automatic shoulder belt for it.

Comment

I'll keep a lookout for one I know where a few junked ones are hiding does he just need the belt assembly or the entire assembly?
                        89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Re: Another clueless festiva dogger.

Yes all cars end up rusting up here. But festivas rust faster than a lot of other cars. The metal is so thin.

Trust me if I could have found a nice one I would probably be DDing it now. It just doesn't happen.

If you really want to call him out, ask him what he thinks is a better subcompact from the same era.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
                            I'll keep a lookout for one I know where a few junked ones are hiding does he just need the belt assembly or the entire assembly?
                            He needs a complete shoulder harness assembly. I sure would appreciate you scoring that. It's still under my care so to speak.

Comment

Yes all cars end up rusting up here. But festivas rust faster than a lot of other cars. The metal is so thin.
                              The gauge of the metal has little to do with it. Korean steel had a significantly higher sulfur content than Japanese or American steel at the time and sulfur acts as a catalyst for the oxidation of ferrous metals. Ever notice that pre-'88 Toyotas rust a lot more readily than later ones? that's because Toyota started sourcing their sheet metal from S. Korea not long after the Korean War, and when they realized this was causing a major problem in markets like ours they started using Japanese steel again (which is still pretty high in sulfur, but it helped a bit). Kia never really had the option, their domestic steel is quite inexpensive (which is why Toyota started buying it in the first place) and to get the stuff shipped in wouldn't make any sense.

But using that steel was one of the things that helped drive down the purchase price of the car, which kept the car competitive, which means they sold lots of them, which means that for us they're very cheap and easy to find, which means we can all drive these cars and hotrod them and go fast and get super awesome gas mileage without spending much money.
                              Last edited by Tommychu; 04-06-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X