No announcement yet.

Japan spec festiva gtx details.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Sydney the police have an anti hoon task force.
    They pull over any car that looks modified and get the Vin and enter it into the road authorities database.
    If the Vin shows that the car shouldn't have a turbo, or if they suspect the car is modified, they can send you to an inspection station.

Its mainly highway patrol that does this. General duty cops leave you alone unless you're being a ratbag on the road.

They now have a number plate scanner that scans up to 20 number plates per second. They can know everything about you and your car by the time you drive past.
    1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Wow the rules in Australia are rediculous.....

When I swapped in the V6 I had to cut away some of the rad support (just the vertical sheet metal that is not structural) since my alternator sticks out passed the rad support.... Is something like that an option for you to make the AC clearance possible with moving the engine further forward in the engine bay?

Oh and there were only ever 300 GTA's made, I wish you luck in finding one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

hoon. i LOVE that word! i wanna be a HOON! anyway moz, after your rant about the (holden) GTO we got for 30 or so K, now i know why RDA,DBA rotors sell for over $300 a pair on ebayAU but i can get them here from tirerack for 1/2 that. insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          Wow the rules in Australia are rediculous.....

When I swapped in the V6 I had to cut away some of the rad support (just the vertical sheet metal that is not structural) since my alternator sticks out passed the rad support.... Is something like that an option for you to make the AC clearance possible with moving the engine further forward in the engine bay?

Oh and there were only ever 300 GTA's made, I wish you luck in finding one
          :thumbdown: can't touch rad supports

I've got some agents on the lookout.
          If they find one. I buy.
          If not. Never mind.

Don't ask. Don't get

So I thought I'd ask

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
            hoon. i LOVE that word! i wanna be a HOON! anyway moz, after your rant about the (holden) GTO we got for 30 or so K, now i know why RDA,DBA rotors sell for over $300 a pair on ebayAU but i can get them here from tirerack for 1/2 that. insane!
            I hereby grant you the status of honorary HOON

Comment

if you want to see what the essential essense of what a hoon is in some cases, look over the "Hoon Capital".. this was before everything really tightened up.. BATHURST was and still is today, one of Australia's most popular racing circuits and racing associated towns in Australia.

Hoons also refer to people who generally drive erratically, some cases dangerously and perform burnouts "cause they want to".. Generally in public and without too much regard for people and vehicles around them.

here is a link for hoon capital (streamed over the net) http://www.smh.com.au/tv/Documentary...l-4262604.html

things these days have settled down quite a lot these days and tbh i feel a lot of these restrictions are what is killing the image in Australia.
              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km
              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Killing or improving?
                I think that since they've tightened things up, joins have had to become a lot more educated.

The equation used to be I+(kh)(vp/b)= h

Where I is idiot, (kh) is know how, v is vehicle, p is petrol, b is beer,and h is hoon.
                You will notice that there's no k for knowledge, or s for safety, or d for dynamics.

Now its more complicated but the result is an educated hoon.

And yes, knowhow and knowledge are different.

Comment

Originally posted by moz View Post
                  Killing or improving?
                  I think that since they've tightened things up, joins have had to become a lot more educated.

The equation used to be I+(kh)(vp/b)= h

Where I is idiot, (kh) is know how, v is vehicle, p is petrol, b is beer,and h is hoon.
                  You will notice that there's no k for knowledge, or s for safety, or d for dynamics.

Now its more complicated but the result is an educated hoon.

And yes, knowhow and knowledge are different.
                  i see your point and i clarify on that.. it's "refining" the hoon culture and also allowing us to become smarter about being a hoon, as well as safer in some cases. it's easier to embrace change, become open minded and flow with the times of change, but at the same time going occasionally against the grain.. after all, who want's to really be like everyone else anyways?

I was referring to complete dicks in "hoon capital" from a historical standing moz .. check that out and you'll see what i was saying.

This was the culture of a yesteryear (hoon capital) that probably won't be found in this generation at all due to everything being too PC and restricted.
                  Last edited by jawbraeka; 05-25-2013, 07:34 PM.

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

This car has power steering and air just like mine!
                    Since you are in Australia, why don't you just slap a pair of KB Laser carbies on a B6?
                    That way you would have lots of room.
                    I even had enough space to add cruise.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-25-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                      i see your point and i clarify on that.. it's "refining" the hoon culture and also allowing us to become smarter about being a hoon, as well as safer in some cases. it's easier to embrace change, become open minded and flow with the times of change, but at the same time going occasionally against the grain.. after all, who want's to really be like everyone else anyways?

I was referring to complete dicks in "hoon capital" from a historical standing moz .. check that out and you'll see what i was saying.

This was the culture of a yesteryear (hoon capital) that probably won't be found in this generation at all due to everything being too PC and restricted.
                      Yeah I know bro. I watched it.
                      Just wanted to clarify that the hoon of yesteryear isn't something that's very glorified here.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        This car has power steering and air just like mine!
                        Since you are in Australia, why don't you just slap a pair of KB Laser carbies on a B6?
                        That way you would have lots of room.
                        I even had enough space to add cruise.
                        Because I want turbo and 2 cams lol

Comment

Yeah I know bro. I watched it.
                          Just wanted to clarify that the hoon of yesteryear isn't something that's very glorified here.
                          I know it's not glorified here and thank god.. and TBH, my "hooning" days are currently at a standstill due to no car... i was also just showing everyone else what is a / where the term "hoon" came from.

i still get a giggle from people that yell out their windows, something so incoherent you simply now have to shake your head in unbelievability that all you can say is "yeah, i'm sure your dog likes liver."

i wouldn't mind seeing another big car show sometime down the track.

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Should go to the next power cruise event. Better than summernats.

Comment

Should go to the next power cruise event. Better than summernats.
                              Where about's is that?

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Every capital city.

Comment

Working...
                                X