No announcement yet.

run 70 in your festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

113 mph is the top speed on a stock efi five speed.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

My 89 4 speed drives nicely at 75 and gets around 35-38mpg at that speed ( on flat ground). Just like everyone else has said, get better tires, the stock 12" tires are dangerous at any speed in my opinion. I have a dozen 12" tires mounted on wheels and don't even have a complete set that is round.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Just like everyone else has said, get better tires, the stock 12" tires are dangerous at any speed in my opinion. I have a dozen 12" tires mounted on wheels and don't even have a complete set that is round.
        I second that! In driving these cars for almost 20 years, before effecting an Aspire swap in order to be able to upgrade to better tires and brakes, I never came across a brand of 145 or 155-12 tire that wasn't 2nd or 3rd rate. Certainly none of them stayed round or rode smooth for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          My 89 4 speed drives nicely at 75 and gets around 35-38mpg at that speed ( on flat ground). Just like everyone else has said, get better tires, the stock 12" tires are dangerous at any speed in my opinion. I have a dozen 12" tires mounted on wheels and don't even have a complete set that is round.
          You can send them to me, I will run them at 90 or 100 all day long!

Scitzz means crazy, YO!

I needs me some rubber!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I ran my 12s at high speeds with no problems.
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
              I ran my 12s at high speeds with no problems.
              Boy are you ever in for a pleasant surprise should you decide to shoe your car with quality rubber (ie regards to 13" and up) in the future. I ran at high speeds "with no problems" either (we're talking 12s) except that it never was smooth nor vibration free and I just assumed that was the limitation of comfort in an econobox.

Comment

All stock five speed with 12" tires, no vibration. Made the vid to show RPM vs MPH About 2700RPM @ 70mph
                Last edited by freshtiva; 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                  Boy are you ever in for a pleasant surprise should you decide to shoe your car with quality rubber (ie regards to 13" and up) in the future. I ran at high speeds "with no problems" either (we're talking 12s) except that it never was smooth nor vibration free and I just assumed that was the limitation of comfort in an econobox.
                  I didn't have vibrations.... Though I DO plan on upgrading eventually with my current GL
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

I run mine 70-80 all the time no problem I did put all new suspension part under it rides smooth still looking to upgrade the 12s next
                    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

88 & 89 4 speed, 165 / 12 tires. They seem to like between 65 - 70 between Asheville & Raleigh, NC. Mpg, 40 on the 88, 38 on the 89, but I was driving it 70 - 75 for stretches.

Some years ago I drove from Pittsburgh, PA to Asheville, NC running 70 - 80 in rain, AC on, lights & wipers on, & got 37 MPG. Car only had about 120,000 miles at the time.

Paul
                      Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                      Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                      Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                      White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

The best tires I ever had on my 90 was the Yokohama's that were factory installed. They lasted longer and rode better than any I ever had on it. I found a set later in life for it and they were just as good as the ones the factory installed. They were 145-12's
                        Last edited by Team Lightning; 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM.
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                        X