Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it comes to buying a repair manual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought both my '93 manuals (Shop Manual & EVTM) as a set $28 delivered. i am a happy camper.

Yes, Studebaker " ... a service manual same as a shop manual..." but it is incomplete without the EVTM (Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). The EVTM is critical for electrical diagnosis and identification of connectors and components. It will help prevent such errors an grounding the wrong wire and seeing sparks.
    '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
    '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
    '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

If I have a choice, I ALWAYS ALWAYS get FACTORY information on ANYTHING I plan on repairing or researching. Over the years I've found errors in Chiltons & Haynes manuals on various vehicles. Yes the manufacture (Ford/GM) may have made errors,but they usually send out corrective action notice's to the dealers.And the dealer in turn will put a sticker in the manual stating so. I believe one of my FESTY manuals has this.
      Some FYI.....in Aviation the ONLY acceptable information regarding repairs is the Factory published literature and corrective actions issued by the Feds.
      IMO the Festy/Spire factory manuals & EVTM's are written so even a "Caveman" can perform the work.They are well laid out and very detailed.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I would really like to find one of these digital all ready. Does anyone have one? I am looking. If I can get my hands on it, I will happily post it free for the taking to share it. BTW - I am looking for a 1992 shop manual

Comment

Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
          I would really like to find one of these digital all ready. Does anyone have one? I am looking. If I can get my hands on it, I will happily post it free for the taking to share it. BTW - I am looking for a 1992 shop manual
          You wont find one digital.I didnt know we had a member in Kenosha,are you right in town or in the outskirts?
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Right in the middle of town more North side towards the lake

Comment

Working...
            X