No announcement yet.

Best oil to use in my festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I use the valvoline Nexgen oil. I like the thought of recycled oil. Also purolater filters.
    Josh Z.

Comment

I just use any 10W30 that meets current SAE standards. change oil every 3000 miles. For filter i like Motorcraft which isnt a WIX, its a relabeled Purolator Pure One. WIX is fine by way, high quality filter. But not that picky, just bought ten filters on close out from RockAuto.com for really cheap. Half are Motorcraft, half are Hastings (made by Baldwin). And they are the longer slightly bigger diameter filter for older Mazda 1.8L and 2.0L used in the 70s era Ford Couriers. Screw right on and work fine, no problemo. Cant see using the teeny tiny tea cup filters that Festies/323s are supposed to use. The Courier filters allow bit more oil capacity and lot more filter area so filter isnt going to plug and bypass open for unfiltered oil to flood engine.

One thing I can say, I have in past used heavier oil like 15w50, cause it was what I had on hand. Engine doesnt like it even in warm weather, likes the 10w30. I assume engine has tight clearances and thick oil has lot more problem flowing.

Comment

Working...
      X