No announcement yet.

New Project Post-Purchase Preparations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen that model with that paint color before in some yards around here. I will keep am eye out if I see one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      Think you should consider replacing the fuel filter before making the return trip.
      Especially, if you SeafoamŪ the fuel tank, who knows what will be broke loose and possibly clog the filter.
      Roger that. Good thinking. I'll pick one up today and put it on the list! I was planning on doing it at home anyway, but you're smart to recommend doing it sooner.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      I have seen that model with that paint color before in some yards around here. I will keep am eye out if I see one again.
      Perfect, thank you sir! Might trouble you for a couple of front fenders and a fuel door in the near future. Looking forward to doing some business with you potentially!
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

After much deliberation and packing of materials and parts, I've decided to opt to drive it home without doing a major overhaul on it. I'm going to do this for a couple reasons.

1) I would probably find it pretty insulting if someone bought my Festiva and spent three hours in the driveway working on it before trusting it to drive.
        2) The Seafoam is just too much of a gamble this far from home regardless of whether its in the throttle, crankcase, or fuel tank.
        3) It will have to run and drive okay in the first place because they're moving it from Chilliwack to Nanaimo the day before (another 110 miles plus ferry).
        4) I want to make some how-to's and take good before and after pictures of everything I do... www.forsaturbo.com is available...
        5) I want a before and after compression test... there is anecdotal evidence of Seafoam restoring/evening out compression numbers.
        6) If it ain't broke, don't fix it... yet.

So, with the advice of the forum, Damkid, and Sasquatch, what I plan to do is to ride up there with all of my parts, tools, and equipment as planned. Then I will load up the car, take it for a quick shakedown spin to ensure everything performs as it should. Then I will check the oil, pump up the tires, fill the gas tank, and drive it home with all of my gear packed in the back seat and trunk just in case I have a breakdown and any issues with the car on the way home.

Comment

TURBO SPRINT BABY.

Oh yes.

Sorry, 'Forsa'.
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
            After much deliberation and packing of materials and parts, I've decided to opt to drive it home without doing a major overhaul on it. I'm going to do this for a couple reasons.

1) I would probably find it pretty insulting if someone bought my Festiva and spent three hours in the driveway working on it before trusting it to drive.
            2) The Seafoam is just too much of a gamble this far from home regardless of whether its in the throttle, crankcase, or fuel tank.
            3) It will have to run and drive okay in the first place because they're moving it from Chilliwack to Nanaimo the day before (another 110 miles plus ferry).
            4) I want to make some how-to's and take good before and after pictures of everything I do... www.forsaturbo.com is available...
            5) I want a before and after compression test... there is anecdotal evidence of Seafoam restoring/evening out compression numbers.
            6) If it ain't broke, don't fix it... yet.

So, with the advice of the forum, Damkid, and Sasquatch, what I plan to do is to ride up there with all of my parts, tools, and equipment as planned. Then I will load up the car, take it for a quick shakedown spin to ensure everything performs as it should. Then I will check the oil, pump up the tires, fill the gas tank, and drive it home with all of my gear packed in the back seat and trunk just in case I have a breakdown and any issues with the car on the way home.
            That is a much better plan!! Don't forget to check the timing belt before too much time goes by.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^Aren't Sprints non-interference? I think they are.. or I hope they are. :p That's what I was told, anyway.
              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
              1988 LX 5-speed
              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                That is a much better plan!! Don't forget to check the timing belt before too much time goes by.
                Thanks, bud! I think so too. Yep the water pump, oil pump, and timing belt will happen fairly soon... but I'm not going to rebuild it just yet. Gotta see how she runs and what the compression is like. I average under 10,000 miles a year because I live on the southern tip of a densely populated island and have no commute to school or work since I do both online. Just waiting on a seller to get back to me on a spare cylinder head that I plan to ship to a friend in PA who ports and polishes stuff for me. Once I have the performance parts ready to go, I'll swap them all over. Either that or I'll get sasquatch to help me assemble the complete engine ahead of time and then swap it in over a weekend visit maybe... provided he isn't sick of me yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                  ^Aren't Sprints non-interference? I think they are.. or I hope they are. :p That's what I was told, anyway.
                  I believe so... not sure about anything other than the Mk1 G10 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                    Thanks, bud! I think so too. Yep the water pump, oil pump, and timing belt will happen fairly soon... but I'm not going to rebuild it just yet. Gotta see how she runs and what the compression is like. I average under 10,000 miles a year because I live on the southern tip of a densely populated island and have no commute to school or work since I do both online. Just waiting on a seller to get back to me on a spare cylinder head that I plan to ship to a friend in PA who ports and polishes stuff for me. Once I have the performance parts ready to go, I'll swap them all over. Either that or I'll get sasquatch to help me assemble the complete engine ahead of time and then swap it in over a weekend visit maybe... provided he isn't sick of me yet!
                    Sounds good and your island sounded like paradise until you got to the densely populated part lol !
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                    X