what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Just checked the PnP in STL. They are showing 3 Festivas...one is probably a skeleton...been there since early March. But the other two were just added this week. Probably plenty of goodies left on them.
    3 Festys!
    The Festy there from March I believe is the red one? I hit it and got the headlights, turn signals, and a few other things. I'll have to head there and see what else I can scavenge. Would like a hatch with wiper. The red one had a good size dent in the hatch, and some rust.....
    ......it was a wiper hatch. :sad:

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Went there a month ago. They had a Protege listed as a 323, and a Festy listed as an Aspire.
    Ha Ha! Yes they did! They also had a listing for an Isuzu PU and there wasnt one there.
    Last edited by drddan; 05-24-2013, 03:59 AM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

With $2000 to work with you could buy someones DONE Festiva and still have some money left to work on your other one!!! Just sayin'
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
        With $2000 to work with you could buy someones DONE Festiva and still have some money left to work on your other one!!! Just sayin'
        If buying a third car was on the list. It would be a fiero thats on Craigslist near st. Louis. Always wanted one of them.

Comment

Ok I think I found a set of rims I like. Now I need knowledge. I know some people are running 15x6 on stock festivas. Spacers in back and none in front? Thay are 38 off set and are 4x114.3 and 4x100.

Comment

Originally posted by jhli View Post
            Ok I think I found a set of rims I like. Now I need knowledge. I know some people are running 15x6 on stock festivas. Spacers in back and none in front? Thay are 38 off set and are 4x114.3 and 4x100.
            I wouldn't go 15x6 with stock brakes because of the weight. These wheels will increase stopping distances noticably.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              I wouldn't go 15x6 with stock brakes because of the weight. These wheels will increase stopping distances noticably.
              I do still plan on doing the aspire swap and I have a good set of stock on the festy.

Comment

jhli? Did you pick up those nice looking gold rims? I had been watching those!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

So my lovely wife had a good idea today. We need work done to our cars. She is going to spend $2000 on her suburban and I have $2000 to spend on the festiva. So hear I am with all sorts of things flying in my head. I want the car to handle better and it needs brakes. So aspire swap is something I need to do. Also if it rains I cant drive the car. Not because I don't want to but because it won't start. That's the only two thing's I have. So I think im about a grand in. I got nothing else I can think of for that much. Also it's my drive so I have to keep it on the road.
                  Dickmeyer header/internals and some sweet custom seats

edit: or buy 3 more project festiva's
                  Last edited by mikeyjd; 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM.
                  My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

If buying a third car was on the list. It would be a fiero thats on Craigslist near st. Louis. Always wanted one of them.
                    An 80's - 90's Pontiac Fiero? I think they are more scares than Festys & Justys!

My sister was an engineer at GM. She owned a Fiero, for a short time, back when they were new. She said they drove like crap on wet roads and there was always a list of problems with them on the road and on the assembly line. I guess it would make for a good project car if you can find one.
                    Last edited by muleskinner; 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM.
                    1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                    1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                    1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                    2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                    2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                    2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                    1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                      jhli? Did you pick up those nice looking gold rims? I had been watching those!
                      No I did not. Wish I did. Are we still going to junkyard on Saturday?

Comment

Does anyone have a aspire swap close to me that they want to sell? Also just found out I have more money. Score!!

Comment

Looking for a good driver fender no rust or dents. Red would be awesome but im ok with any color.

Comment

20130614_172927.jpg
                            My first buy. Just got it 2 hours ago.

Comment

Looking for a good driver fender no rust or dents. Red would be awesome but im ok with any color.

I have one, no dents but it does have a little surface rust on the inside of the fender at the bottom, no loss of metal though.
                              Not close so I would have to ship..unless you can wait until the middle of August or if you're coming to madness in October.

I had started to sand it down to paint for my auqa, but I found an aqua one for mine in the meantime.

PM me if you are interested.
                              Last edited by 1990new; 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Ok. Im at $500 spent. I have to do the brakes and get tires. If I have enough money after that I will be getting racelands and head cam and exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                                X