Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a story, new festy coming this morning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the big ford badge.. might b stealing that idea lol.. sorry, but it looks good.

2nd to that.. i love promoting them even thought i don't work for them, but meguiars have a set of car cleaning products that make a car look absolutely wet.mirror finish..

they are the 105 and 205 formulas.. their last ones were 82 and 83 from memory but don't quote me on it.

here is some video to compare the two meguair's polish sets.

Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

I just stumbled across this thread....

NICE SCORE MARVIN! nthego:
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Hey..thanks! and thanks to a great doc that knows my vices!

I went with the biggest I could get out of 20 or so ford badges lol !
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          Yup, man things still intact!!!

The complete head set, tstat and coolant are picked up. Need to figure out something for the paint, somebody told my son a mix of gasoline and oil, that sounds like a bang up good time any ideas?? Better ones ? Just need to cut back down to paint for normal buff and wax to follow.
          Nu Finish is a great product. I have used it on many Festy's and they all shined up real nice.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Thanks, I really didn't think a rub down with a gas and oil blend was something I wanted going on at the shop! We will be talking about this and all kinds of stuff today while working on it.

Yesterday was more family stuff so beyond picking up parts nothing happened.

Comment

Just put the head on, had to dig the dowels out of the head. This is a 90..( 10-89 ) production date.
              It appears like this is the first time it has been opened up. Now I am really wondering about this, the
              hood tag says california and gives all the specs, but no valve lash specs. This engine has no hydraulics,
              I am getting ready to set lash no tighter than .012!! This car has the 5 speed and EFI with original
              adjustable rockers!! I am thinking I am a little off my rocker, all 90 festies were supposed to be hydraulic!

Comment

In case you were not sure, .012 is the recommended lash adjustment for both intake and exhaust. Must be some hybrid situation, where they had leftover components from 1989 to use up.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Got them set at .012, the intakes at a tighter drag thinking the exhaust will tighten more after warm up. The top end is buttoned up. The trans was a quart and a half low, I hope that turns out okay. New oil and water only will go in tomorrow morning. Swapping in the new radiator we have a fan switch in the bottom tank their but we will get a new stock one for the t stat housing as that part is what caused the whole failure. Brakes, suspension, steering all good! The sway bar to control arm bushings need replaced. Once cooling system checks out we will flush it and put in coolant. He will sell another shotgun to pay for title and tags. It should fire and drive tomorrow!!

Comment

Looking at the 3rd pic in your "picking up the festy" pics...they dont even look like the same cars!!!!

The aqua looks sooo much smaller! LOL
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

It does look different! The blue one sits higher than mine did before I started, but a little lower than the 89 auto. All with the same parts..weird! My 80 lb springs go down a lot with the 175 lbs of stuff we "needed" for the trip! The back of mine is normally an inch higher.

Mine looks better when I have the larger winterforce tires on there. Better yet with the "other" tires

Comment

Congrats on the snag ! I love a good festiva rescue story !!
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

We drained the fuel tank , it was really smelly yellow stuff. Put in 5 gallons of fresh alcy regular and flushed through to the filter. Hooked that up and flushed through the rail. Hooked that up and added a can of Berrymans injection cleaner.

Ran it a little and dumped the water. Filled it and ran it some more. Dumped it and added cascade and water. Test drove, dang thing runs better than mine!

We will flush it again and add antifreeze mix.

My poor son was in the back of the shop running the car and just sitting there. I was letting him do his thing. After what seemed like a hour I broke free and went back to see what was going on. He had the blower motor on high and was holding his hand in front of the dash with a worried look. I asked what was up and he said the temp gauge came up but the car hasn't warmed up yet?? After a good long laugh I told him to try the defrost, Yup it was hot! Another one "learned" of the Festy vent system!!

Comment

^^^Haha, we've all had that moment!

Congratulations on getting it running!

-Joe
                            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                            1988 LX 5-speed
                            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
                            X