Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1991 yellow ford festiva! :)

image.jpg

Hello yall! didn't know this was my dream car until it fell into my lap for 800 bucks! It's a 1991 and everything runs great, have trouble with ianky tape player connections and the horn stopped workin but other than that I am sooo happy! Can't get into the trunk but everything that needs to work does.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Roygbiv; 06-07-2013, 04:32 PM.

Nice, and welcome! Where you be?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

that looks to be in good shape and my rear hatch was froze up when I got mine,just lay back seats down and take cover off it pops right off,then spray the lock mech with wd-40 and keep trying to move it,might take alittle tapping but it will come loose. also mine had rear brakes and e brake froze up.

Comment

North Carolina. Travel a lot, this bb gets some serious gas mileage!

Comment

Check out the threads in General Discussion on how to improve mileage. And BTW there are lots of Festy peeps in NC. Also, the largest Festiva car meet in the world (Festiva Madness) is in Raleigh, the first weekend every October.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Got the trunk open with wd-40 and some lovin.. Thanks a lot guys. Definitely gonna come to the festiva party in Raleigh and I'm stoked on it. Has anyone been there?

Comment

Originally posted by Roygbiv View Post
              Got the trunk open with wd-40 and some lovin.. Thanks a lot guys. Definitely gonna come to the festiva party in Raleigh and I'm stoked on it. Has anyone been there?
              Only about 100+ people....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Welcome Roy!

Nice find! I'll be seeing you at Festiva Madness this year I hope! It'll be my fourth time.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Wow just lost the keys to the car. Was able to get inside since the trunk was open. Anyone know how I can start it?? I don't have triple AAA...

Comment

Have any other Festiva keys laying around...they'll probably work (no, seriously...they probably will)

What part of NC are you from specifically? There's a huge group of NC owners on here so it's good to know exact locations when problems like this occur and a member needs assistance or a helping hand. It's a good idea to add your location to your profile so when things like this come up other members can calculate distance and determine if they can help you out.

Edit: Forgot to say welcome to the group :mrgreen:
                    Last edited by Zanzer; 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM.
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Pretty much any Festy key will open the driver's door, due to wear of the lock, and often the hatch for the same reason. If the ignition switch is worn enough, it may work there too.

And of course any Festy key opens the gas filler door.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Welcome to the group Roygbiv. Great find!
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Roygbiv View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12777[/ATTACH]

Hello yall! didn't know this was my dream car until it fell into my lap for 800 bucks! It's a 1991 and everything runs great, have trouble with ianky tape player connections and the horn stopped workin but other than that I am sooo happy! Can't get into the trunk but everything that needs to work does.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12778[/ATTACH]
                          Who needs a horn when you have a barking dog an the roof? :whip2:
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Another hearty welcome to the group Roygbiv. Your yellow 91 has a decal very similar to my 1990 Yellow LPlus.
                            http://www.festivacentral.blogspot.com/ (Pictured at the bottom of the pages).

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                              Who needs a horn when you have a barking dog an the roof? :whip2:
                              Hillbilly security system....we all use one out here. It's usually backed up by something that barks over here and bites over there :mrgreen:
                              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                              X