Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric impact wrench? HF or something better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I like those Snap On 18V model bla bla, they are really handy at the PnP yards and somebody else thought so to, they broke the hatch glass and grabbed a bucket of tools, I figure the kid must have tripped, the bucket and tools where on the ground and the only thing gone was the impact, probably because of its size and easy to grab. No security cameras, anyway it was nice for awhile.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

how'd it do with the axle nut?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

117.99 at harbor freight for a 1/2 inch 18v thats $88.49 if you use a one item %25 discount coupon.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-18-volt-cordless-impact-wrench-60380.html

For light duty, I don't see how I can go wrong. 330 ft. lbs. max.
        Doesn't say Lion so I assume it has nicad battery.

Better deal anyone?
        Last edited by 1990new; 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post

Someday...a Snap On cordless...some day!

That's why my Snap-On guy is sooo cool. He lets me have an account even though I no longer work at any of his stops. Small weekly payment and it's over before ya know it.
          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            how'd it do with the axle nut?
            The old H.F. has never failed to remove an axle nut yet, in fact you don't want to use it to tighten down that nut or it will be over tight. I think they are a decent tool for what you pay.
            Last edited by sc72; 06-14-2013, 07:13 PM.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Karl, I have the exact same one you posted in the link. I figured for 50 bucks it was worth a try and originally I only bought it to remove the stubborn TTY crank bolt on my Mazdaspeed3, but I have since used it on pretty much any stubborn bolt I've encountered and lots of other stuff that can be a pain like Harley crank nuts. I've been using it for 2 years so far and I'd say it's already paid for itself in time saved and aggravation avoided. I don't use it a lot, but when I do I'm glad it's there...which can be tough because now that I have it I find that my friends are always borrowing it to remove problem fasteners on their projects

One thing I did notice is that it seemed a little weak when I first started using it, but it got better after a few uses so you may experience a small break in period before it really comes alive.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

The tracks we remove are a good 120 second pull and it did it a few times but it got too hot.
                You all using these for what we do on here will have no problems like we did. One thing that is cheap from snap-on or similar tool trucks is the hog rings that hold the sockets on. Go get a 6 pack of hog rings!!

Those of us making a living with our tools , I am sure we are amazed at the way these electric rechargeable tools have gone from novelty to an indispensable tool! I have most everything except the sawzall and I don't know how we made a living without them now!!
                LOL if my big air compressor turns on I go looking for the air leak!!

I think the HF tools have also gone from cheap novelty trinkets to a dang good deal for the
                money! They are not pro quality but since Craftsman went to heck these HF tools are worth the look!
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                X