No announcement yet.

picking up #7 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest reason I didn't make plans on going back is the Wifey!!! When she found out my car broke after the money spent on it in the last few weeks she got pretty mad at the thought of buying another. she hates Festivas !!. And that is an understatement. I am going to try and talk to her some more. But she doesn't want me buying another. She would rather me work on the one I got. Ohhhhh!, she just doesn't understand. I guess it's back to work on Whitey. No biggie. Start stockpiling parts for P/S, B6 with some engine work (muhahahaha!), Aspire/Rio swap, and 100% all new suspension bushings front to rear. I guess that will make me happy and not break the bank. Buy the stuff when I find a deal and she will be none the wiser. Not trying to deceive her, just not completely fill her in.

Yes I am heartbroken about the Fairly low mileage '93 in Pittsburgh, but I guess she may be right. I didn't need 2 Festivas. Especially when I am trying to get the garage built. Maybe the axle was speaking to me.
    -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
      The biggest reason I didn't make plans on going back is the Wifey!!! When she found out my car broke after the money spent on it in the last few weeks she got pretty mad at the thought of buying another. she hates Festivas !!. And that is an understatement. I am going to try and talk to her some more. But she doesn't want me buying another. She would rather me work on the one I got. Ohhhhh!, she just doesn't understand. I guess it's back to work on Whitey.
      Well, I feel lucky. My g/f loves these little festys. She goes to the junk yards with me all the time helping me with parts and such. She even wants to go with me to the j/y up in McConnelsville on July 5th if I can get off work.
      She would even want one to drive too!! IF I fix it up like I did mine of course!
      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

I've taken my GF to the yards with me a couple times too. I'm quite thankful she puts up with me and this car!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
        X