No announcement yet.

Somebody Help Me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you poke around you may very well find a stock ground point.

For example aspire have a nice factory grounding point at the rear of the trunk below the hatch.
    There is a ground wire with a golden bolt running through it connecting it to the unibody.

If one of the festiva masters would chime in and point him to a nice grounding point if there is one.

If there isn't. The best way to ground without any weird side effects.
    Is to drill a hole.
    Then sand the paint of to expose a good amount of metal for the current draw.
    If there's not enough metal exposed where you mount the ground point.
    Your sub might not be able to draw full current due to extra resistance.

Then you bolt the ground wire with the ring terminal connection crimped onto it to the frame and tight

Another way is to find a close bolt that is part of the chassis that is raw,
    remove it, put the ground wire with the ring terminal over the bolt and secure.
    Make sure if there is paint in between the connection of the ground you sand it.

Just remember a bad ground connection can cause many different problems/symptoms if not done good.
    But a good one you won't notice anything.
    Last edited by rmoltis; 06-25-2013, 07:54 PM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

I ended up using one of the bolts that connects the rear seats to the body. Sanded the paint and made a lovely connection. As for the power wire, I ran it through the same rubber grommet as the clutch cable. Seems to work fine

Comment

How's it sound? Is the box sealed or vented?
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

It sounds amazing. Best $400 I have ever spent on it in my opinion haha. The box is sealed but it is honestly the deepest bass I have ever heard. The boot space is perfectly shaped to rebound the bass frequencies making it sound that extra bit special. Ill take a few pictures soon

Comment

Originally posted by Steve118 View Post
            It's a 1999 ford festiva 5DR Manual

So pretty much I bought a new kicker dual 12" bass station powered sub. But I can not for the life of me find anywhere to feed the power cable through. I am trying to get power from the battery to power the built in amp. Normally people would use a rubber grommet in their fire will to gain access to the car but I cannot seem to find anywhere to run my power cable.

Somebody please help me!!!!!
            I want a 99 Festiva...
            Last edited by mikeyjd; 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM.
            My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyjd View Post
              I want a 99 Festiva...
              I want a 99 festiva with a 2JZ haha

Comment

Working...
              X