No announcement yet.

stabilizer bushings....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if u were to weld a couple washers onto the braket were foes on stud then it wouldnt be able to move then

Comment

They don't move anyway. We've had multiple cars running this setup for years with zero issues (and we don't drive like Grandmas). Just tighten the nuts to (at least) the torque spec and you'll be fine.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
        Here you go Jerry. Basically you're just looking for a backing plate to bridge the stamped arch and give the ES bushing a flat surface to mount against. Drill 2 holes for the factory studs and you're in business. I used a cheap 400 series stainless for these because it just happened to be the correct width, so all I had to do was cut it to length and drill the holes.

Sorry the pics are a little blurry.

What is the part number on those?
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Honestly, I do not remember because I installed these 2 years ago. I measured the bar diameter with my digital calipers and bought a universal set for that diameter. 7/8" seems to come to mind...I know Will (Motoxpress) just bought a set, I'll hit him up and see if he remembers the part number or still has the packaging.

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

I checked Rear Counter for a part with the same base but for all Festiva and Aspire, "BZ-5495-". Unfortunately, there is nothing available from E8 to F7. Most of the stock is for E1BZ-5495-D. a Capri or Fairmont.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 08-18-2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Energy suspension #9-5158G , Black greaseable ; or 9-5158R , Red greaseable
              Last edited by navdoc101; 08-18-2013, 03:34 PM.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

^^ Thanks Navdoc! I sent Will a text asking the part number but still waiting for a response.

Sweet, it was 7/8". I guess my memory isn't too bad since I measured the bar 2 years ago LOL
                Last edited by Zanzer; 08-18-2013, 03:33 PM.

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

updated #'s
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

^^ +1

Just heard back from Will. We used 9-5158R :thumbup:

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      Energy suspension #9-5158G , Black greaseable ; or 9-5158R , Red greaseable
                      Awesome, going to get me a set of these at autozone with my discount.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                      X