X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Trust me, say yes to number five!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    10/4 but I'm still looking for some numbers even if they are ball park. high/low or ????????????

what kind of muffler are they running on the exhaust system?
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

^^

Sorry it's taken me a few days Keith, it was a VERY busy weekend here between trying to get Kevin's car going and the big Shift Fast Motorsports dyno day in SC yesterday. Pus there is another member on here who wants a swap done that is very similar to yours so I've been working on both quotes together (his timeline is much further out though so you are definitely first in line). Also, for everything you guys want there is a lot to consider as far as man hours to calculate (both from the labor guide and hidden hours from cleaning that the labor guide does not allow for) and I want to come up with something that makes all parties involved happy.

I only use the labor guide as just that, a guide. There are many things I can "beat the book" on and there are some things the book does not allow for (such as cleaning parts and broken fasteners), but it's a decent way to get a general idea. Also, it only allows for "stock to stock" so it doesn't exactly have a section for "R&R motor with different engine from different car" LOL. But all swaps are pretty straightforward at this point so there's not really a lot of trail blazing to be done when it comes to a straight up BP swap, I just have to allow for swap specific procedures (and any fabricating) and consider those when calculating the hours.

I'm definitely willing to work something out on the B6T you have since I need one for my 93 GL and I have a quote ready for your engine rebuild. As far as the SS exhaust system, I let Will handle that end since that's his baby, but I will say it is a sweet setup and there will be one installed on every one of my personal cars. He can install whatever muffler you prefer. I think I may have a pic of Scitzz's system on my phone somewhere I will try to find for you or Will may have some pics he can post up.

I'll PM you my number so we can talk more about your exact needs and expectations.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Here's some pics of the Motoxpress stainless exhaust system:

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
          Here's some pics of the Motoxpress stainless exhaust system:

Gotta get me one of those Will.....
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

I'm working up the material costs and labor. As far as muffler I can install almost any kind you want. It all depends on how loud/quiet you want it.
            Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
            187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

nice looking setup will
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I love it! I took him that monstrous Cat that I had laying around, he gave me that Honda Fart can to go on there. It sounds good, but loud, although we since installed a silencer. For a DD that I need to be able to talk on the phone in, it ended up too loud, but boy oh boy, it sounds GREAT! I am seriously considering a different muffler next.

There is something nice to be said about the fact that it should still be there twenty years from now
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  I love it! I took him that monstrous Cat that I had laying around, he gave me that Honda Fart can to go on there. It sounds good, but loud, although we since installed a silencer. For a DD that I need to be able to talk on the phone in, it ended up too loud, but boy oh boy, it sounds GREAT! I am seriously considering a different muffler next.

There is something nice to be said about the fact that it should still be there twenty years from now
                  It does sound good
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                    It does sound good
                    That may be the nicest thing I get you to say about Baby Car...I'll take it
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Yes, it sounds good. I'm going with a turbo muffler, maybe a little quieter but won't last as long.
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

I am looking at a stainless turbo muffler to go on Angie's car. The sad thing is I paid 3 times as much for her muffler as I paid for mine and it is much louder. Summit has some nice looking SS turbos for a reasonable price.
                        Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by Motoxpress View Post
                          I am looking at a stainless turbo muffler to go on Angie's car. The sad thing is I paid 3 times as much for her muffler as I paid for mine and it is much louder. Summit has some nice looking SS turbos for a reasonable price.
                          Yeh, the turbo I was looking at at Summit was aluminized, but only $25.
                          Jack Byrd,
                          1991 Capri
                          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                          1970 Chev C10
                          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

This sounds interesting, if you guys don't mind I would like to hear what the number was.

Car #789
                            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
                            X