No announcement yet.

crap! now im even more indecisive...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote B8. Looks at home in the engine bay, only one cam, and you still get 16 valves and plenty of engine. I'm kinda biased towards SOHCs, though.

Bustiva's B8 hotness.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

nice air filter!!!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Where'd you get the invisible come filter :-)
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Bp seems like a good beefy start.
          Is it any harder to turbo than starting with the b6D and upgrading to?

What mpg's are you b6t guys getting, and what fabrication is involved?
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

go BP
            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Don't go big power without going bigger trans.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I read the stock auto can take it.(?)
                But Matt said he could upgrade the tq converter for me.
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Auto is bigger than a stock manual...so...yeah they hold power too just keep them clean and cool.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

It's curious that most of the over-powered Festys inevitably wind up having 'for sale' signs on them within a year or two. Is this merely from frustrated owners trying to keep an otherwise ordinary car together or from scaring themselves one time too many? To me the 16Valve B6 is the way to go by virtue of ease of swap, not suddenly having a scary DD, and not constantly having to maintain/repair overly stressed suspension/clutch and brake components. I have never driven a 100+ hp Festy myself but I'm thinking the additional 25 hp and 500rpm of a B6D would already be a remarkable improvement and likely quite a reliable engine platform too.

Whatever engine you do choose the whole package will include Aspire/Rio brakes I hope.

And for the overall amount of work that is involved, get rid of the 3-speed while you're at it. Maybe it's just me, but I get no joy from flooring an auto nor piloting one.

Comment

Bert: yes I wonder too about the built festy.
                      Makes me want to ask advancedynamics what his maintanece is like.

Yes, Rio brakes and suspension upgrades are in the works.

I would love to have a five speed but from what I read of the writeup, you have to weld. I cannot weld.
                      I do plan on buying a fivespeed Festi and going all out with its build.

I need to hear from the b6d guys what kind of improvement it is, and what league of cars they are able to beat!!

Also I need to find someone to make a mount for me.
                      Fast....Women are fast
                      Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                          Bert: yes I wonder too about the built festy.
                          Makes me want to ask advancedynamics what his maintanece is like.

Yes, Rio brakes and suspension upgrades are in the works.

I would love to have a five speed but from what I read of the writeup, you have to weld. I cannot weld.
                          I do plan on buying a fivespeed Festi and going all out with its build.

I need to hear from the b6d guys what kind of improvement it is, and what league of cars they are able to beat!!

Also I need to find someone to make a mount for me.
                          Charlie is 'the' consummate experimenter and engineer, and also has considerable experience with performance vehicles; I don't think you want to know how much time he devotes to his craft. Swap to 5 speed ought to be easier than doing the reverse. There is a mounting tab missing under the dash for restraining the clutch cable but that shouldn't be a huge obstacle and you're going to be under there adding a pedal and changing the ECU anyway. Performance-wise a stock B6 auto won't be a heck of a lot quicker than a mildly-tuned stick B3, I would think, and once you get into turbos and intercoolers and all that stuff you'll want to have a thick wallet and lots of spare time. You won't even be able to adapt an over-the-counter exhaust system.
                          By far the fastest, easiest and cheapest thing to do is buy Maxtiva's car; he's collected, customized and installed every wild part going and would get you an instant fire-breathing dragon with 200+ hp.
                          Many forum members talk about 'weekend swaps' but nothing I do ever gets done that fast. Took me a month just to install and fine-tune (alignment issues) an Aspire suspension/brake swap.

Comment

I don't want anything quite that wild as 200hp. A bp right now will suffice until I get used to the car. When I build my monster I'm going b3 full build. Right now I just need maximum stock fun. While retaining some dailyabilty. B6t sounds like it fits that. But the BP fits it without all the extra fab and having to worry about turbo parts breaking.

Ill try to make that make more sense later. Right now I'm dealing with family stuff.
                            Fast....Women are fast
                            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Working...
                            X