Cars I've Seen Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I really wish I got pics of the GT40, but didn't even think to pull out my phone.

Nothing better than the car that stomped Ferrari at Le Mans four years running bringing an end to their 6 year winning streak (Of course they were different GT40 models.) Hell after the first 2 years of Ford winning, they made it to where the engine can't be more than 5 liters. I guess Ford really stomped the competition with that 7.0 V8. lol
    So is this where all of the fabled Ford 302s (5 litre) history originated from, and why GM decided to make a real screamer 302 for Z28s in 1969?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
      Howcum we aren't eligible for "green" plates? Anyone that has kept a Festy alive as a DD in the rust belt for 20+ years has overall used considerably less global energy/manpower/natural resources than anybody else that drives a fossil fuel (or even lavish electric car that has to be recharged via hydro, nuclear or coal-fired power) vehicle. It's all about politics and "optics". So we are portrayed as piloting obsolete unconscionable pollution-spewing junk.
      I agree it is bullcrap. Sad that Electrics and Hybrids had to have special treatment from the government to catch on.

Don't forget the money the government doesn't have that they give to people who buy hybrids and electrics. Such horsecrap, nothing for the guy driving a 20+ year old 40+ MPG car. That alone does less environmental damage, than the common electrics that I see all the time now, like the Leaf, and the Volt, because these are going to be clogging up junk yeard about 7 years from now. Because I can tell you this, I don't see too many people forking out $5k-$8k to get new batteries put in their cars, they are just going to opt for a new car.

Yeah, they don't tell you that when you go to buy one. Those batteries are going to go flat, and go flat even faster if they don't take care of them properly.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-11-2013, 10:19 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

^Wouldn't those people trade those cars in and the "company"/dealer just throw in a new battery without having to pay the customer cost for them, and then out they'd go again?

I still think they're overcomplicating things. Lead acid deep cycles take lots of cycles, are cheap, AND they can fit enough of them safely to get a typical range out of a commuter vehicle that they are getting with their space age wonder batteries that supposedly cost out the wazoo. I imagine if you had the resources a car company had and could design your own size/shape/internal structure/etc.... you could even make it look nice. But that would make sense so...

I started pricing stuff to convert the Festy. You can actually get BIG deep cycles and the proper size motor brand new on eBay now, and they're not "that" expensive when you compare it to the inflated prices on all electrics and hybrids from a dealer + the insurance difference + a new battery later on if you decide to keep the thing. But I'm going off topic.

Sorry.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Saw this one yesterday. It's a Toyota Sera. The roof is mostly glass and it has cool "butterfly" doors.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Reminds me of a Honda Del Sol. o_O
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Saw an old ugly Porche with a glass back like that.
              Saw that Civic mid spoiler again. This time I had my camera.
              I saw today that Chevy Volts are also entitled to green lettered license plates.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Went to a junkyard on an Indian reservation today. The dogs are let out at six with no warning.

No parking.
                What's that I see after about a fifteen minute walk to the far back of the yard?
                A victim of abuse!
                A second hidden gem put between two trees so that nobody will try and take anything. I believe I was the first person to open the door since it was put there. Nothing was touched.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Great find...isn't that second hidden gem the same color as yours?

Comment

Yes, indeed it is. The engine is untouched, the whole car is untouched. The front grille is excellent. The interior has a little dust, but is also in very good condition. The windows have bever been rolled down, nor the doors ever left open. The panels are in nice shape. The car was well taken care of except for the broken antenna replacement. This car is very difficult to access. I had to weave around three wrecks and go through another car. There is no other way around the trees. You can just barely see the roof in the second picture. Look carefully in the back left.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Someone doesn't like this guy's Impala.

Comment

Im so spolied. Its strange to see yards full of 20 year old trees in the way of 20 year old cars. Then again where it actually rains people didnt plant the trees, nature is trying to work still.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

A real fix me upper.

A Delta 88 Olds.

An old bird.

Comment

brave that olds is wicked!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Saw a rare color today. An orange Dodge Dart. Remember "big bad orange" as an AMC dealer color option?
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-23-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

These new darts come in some pretty cool colors! I'll give them that!
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X