Compression problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression problems..

I bought the car cheap knowing it has one cylinder very low. The second cylinder only has 30psi. I just popped the head off, the piston appears to be fine and the head does do, I was expecting the valves to be stuck open or something like that but it's not. What could be my problem?? Thanks

Maybe a warped/bent valve that only appears to be seating well. Check if it can hold liquid.
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Headgasket?

Comment

Broken ring? Did it have excessive blow in case/out valve cover? Well, assuming you checked before taking apart...

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tooldude View Post
          Maybe a warped/bent valve that only appears to be seating well. Check if it can hold liquid.
          In case you don't know how to do this - remove the rocker arms or loosen the bolts enough that all the valves have a little clearance between the point where the rocker arm contacts the top of the valve stem. Turn the head up side down and fill the area around the valves with something like kerosene. Look in each port, both intake and exhaust for a wet spot to form. No wet spot, valve is good. Wet spot, valve is leaking.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
          X