Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need the opinion of current Festiva and Aspire owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspires have airbags,thats a big plus-
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That's my biggest reason for looking into trading up - the airbags. Almost got into a head on collision with the Festiva tonight
      Last edited by Mapquest; 09-16-2013, 02:14 AM.
      Matt
      -96 Aspire - 175k miles
      -93 F150 XLT - 109k miles
      -13 Focus SE - 7k miles

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        oh yeah i just installed a smaller steering wheel in my car last thursday I believe. For the first time in my life in any vehicle i can let out the clutch pedal and my knee NOT hit the steering wheel. I am 6'5". For 20 years plus i always let it out sideways almost. Not a big deal for drag racing, you feel it grab, floor it and slide your foot off. Crappy for wet feet on the street...
        6'4" here. Ever drive a Chevy Sprint? Think Festiva, but with 8 inches less legroom, and 2 inches less headroom. I drive in a fetal position LOL. Every bump hits my head.

Although taking a 15mph corner at 40ish is worth it every time. Except when I don't prepare and bang my head along the door frame! :p

-Joe
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

So Joe, I assume you vote Festiva as well? haha
          Matt
          -96 Aspire - 175k miles
          -93 F150 XLT - 109k miles
          -13 Focus SE - 7k miles

Comment

That's a 'yes' haha.
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Mapquest View Post
              That's my biggest reason for looking into trading up - the airbags. Almost got into a head on collision with the Festiva tonight
              I hit the wall at 80 in my Aspire with no seat belt on. The airbags def helped my survival
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

An aspire is a good car, I bet most of these guys talking crap haven't even owned one. If you want a reliable car and your keeping it stock an aspire is most definitely the best choice. The creature comforts are more abundant in aspires, granted your buying a cheap car not a fully loaded caddy, and heat from the front facing dash vents is something you'll never get in a Festiva, its really nice in the wintertime. Im about 5'11'' and I don't have any complaints about the legroom, backseat passengers probably would if they weren't under 10yrs old. The ride you get in a stock aspire with a good suspension is more refined and enjoyable on any trip over 20 minutes long, you don't get the feeling of riding in a cardboard box with no airbags or hope of survival in the event of a collision.

That being said I like festivas too, especially if you want to move faster than a snails pace, but even a 5 speed Festiva is a total turd, until you engine swap it. I wouldn't drive a bone stock festiva, i'd much rather have an aspire.
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-16-2013, 07:49 AM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Agree with zoom zoom. I've had one too. I prefer Festivas overall, but the Aspire is more polished. Somehow the ride is better stock vs stock. The seats are better. The interior is more "done" if that makes sense. It's 4x100 stock. Aero is better. And the trunk seems much bigger, whether it is or not, I don't know.

If they just could have left the styling alone, I'd go Aspire all the way. I would still have one in a heartbeat if it came up at the right price.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I like the canadian mx3 aspire mixed together the best, probably becsuse i cant get one.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                      I hit the wall at 80 in my Aspire with no seat belt on. The airbags def helped my survival
                      a seat belt probably would of to had it been bad enough

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                        An aspire is a good car, I bet most of these guys talking crap haven't even owned one. If you want a reliable car and your keeping it stock an aspire is most definitely the best choice. The creature comforts are more abundant in aspires, granted your buying a cheap car not a fully loaded caddy, and heat from the front facing dash vents is something you'll never get in a Festiva, its really nice in the wintertime. Im about 5'11'' and I don't have any complaints about the legroom, backseat passengers probably would if they weren't under 10yrs old. The ride you get in a stock aspire with a good suspension is more refined and enjoyable on any trip over 20 minutes long, you don't get the feeling of riding in a cardboard box with no airbags or hope of survival in the event of a collision.

That being said I like festivas too, especially if you want to move faster than a snails pace, but even a 5 speed Festiva is a total turd, until you engine swap it. I wouldn't drive a bone stock festiva, i'd much rather have an aspire.
                        I had one long enough to gut it for festy parts lol

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind owning a Aspire, but like previously mentioned, I find nothing but pink and purple 4 doors. If I was to have one it would have to be Dark blue or red 2 door with a 5 speed. I don't drive slushboxes unless I have to.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

If you'd like to hear that you should get an aspire you can join the aspire forum Just messing with ya! Naturally on a Festiva site we all prefer Festivas. For the most part on Festivas if there is something you don't like about it, change it! Seats aren't comfy? Find some that are (aspire seats go in fairly easily). Don't like the suspension... Change it! To slow? Bigger engine! Obvisouly this stands for most vehicles, Festivas are just simple to work on, reliable, and fun! Once you start upgrading you will never stop! Get new seats and it is a whole new car.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                              Vote festyyy all the way.aspires are imo fugly
                              I agree

Go Festy!
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Mapquest View Post
                                Thanks for the info! How many miles do you think I have left in my Festy?
                                If you beat it like a redheaded step child, just barely know what you are doing with mechanical repair, hodge podge any fix that will get you by and keep her running, and stay one step ahead of the rust, just like I have?

I passed 750K miles so far...
                                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X