No announcement yet.

fuel milage mpg auto trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an auto. I get about 30mpg in town or on the highway, my best is 36mpg, at about 50mph, but I like to keep up with traffic.
    I really don't like to drive it on the highway much. I have installed cruise, but the low gearing, 12 inch tires, and 4,000 RPM at 75mph is a little more than I care to do for more than 20-30 miles at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
      I have an auto. I get about 30mpg in town or on the highway, my best is 36mpg, at about 50mph, but I like to keep up with traffic.
      I really don't like to drive it on the highway much. I have installed cruise, but the low gearing, 12 inch tires, and 4,000 RPM at 75mph is a little more than I care to do for more than 20-30 miles at a time.
      How difficult was the cruise control install? I plan on doin that eventually after seeing guys do it on here. how sensitive is it or is the acceleration and deceleration adjustable?
      now to find a good car to buy then add the cruise control ill be set.

Comment

Originally posted by bugster69 View Post
        yeah I probably will. just saw a <50k mile auto with a/c very clean. gonna hold out for a 5sp w/ a/c and fi. are the 5spds average about 40-45 with keeping 55-65mph?
        don't hold out, get the clean car and then do the manual swap later...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

With a 93 Auto I consistently get 35 mpg on mixed driving.
          I reconfigured the air intake by cutting off the 'side stomach' and plugging the hole.
          Also cut the entire bottom off the air cleaner box for more air intake.
          Lastly, advanced the timing until it pinged on hard accel. then backed it off until no ping.
          12" tires aluminum rims.

Comment

Working...
          X