whats a fms cam shaft worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a fms cam shaft worth?

new - never installed. have 1 to sell be don't know a fair price.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

last they were on the site, they were going for $50, BUT, since you can't get them anymore, i may suggest ~$80??
    that's about 50% of a DAE cam and about all they're worth powerwise too.
    i've installed 2 FMS cams, one in a B3 and one in a B6 and i'm not impressed with the results.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

So festy boy you're saying the DAE cam is superior to the FMS cam? Has anyone dyno'ed the DAE cam and documented this claim? If so, is there a full dyno sheet available?
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

stage 1 or 2?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I have a Stage 2 FMS cam and the power is hardly noticeable, but the lope is just so fun.
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
            So festy boy you're saying the DAE cam is superior to the FMS cam? Has anyone dyno'ed the DAE cam and documented this claim? If so, is there a full dyno sheet available?
            matt has a dyno sheet for HIS stage 1 cam and a dyno sheet of an FMS comp and race cam. i have a comp cam and a DAE stage 2 cam, the differance is staggering.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

So is it available? If like to see proof of your claim.
              Last edited by Team Lightning; 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

you'll have to ask matt to post the dyno sheets, i can take pics of the FMS and DAE cams and the spec sheet on the DAE unit (FMS never provided a spec sheet on their cams, EVER)

and this just made 10K posts for me!
                WOOT!

Comment

I was just wondering if there was proof since you made such a bold claim. It seems that anytime anyone claims anything on here, everyone says we must have proof or it didn't happen. I just think it should apply here and to Matt's stuff as well. I've never seen any proof of his turbo 266 Hp B3, it seems the dyno sheet was lost or something, or the 110-120hp NA B3. If anyone claims a 12 second Festiva they must have proof. Again, it should apply here also.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

the search function should rectify that cunundrum for you Jerry.
                    just look for posts by Matt aprox 2 years ago, there you should find the initial N/A build and dynos sheets.

Comment

Funny how when they were ask for no one knew where they were. (I think the comment was they were lost years ago) You mean they were here all the time?
                      That's strange!!
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

searching came up with all of his threads, but viewing them is problematic (FF.com is not co-operating).

Comment

I found this and copied it from his NA build. It's a long way from the 110-120 claim. The turbo build has no dyno sheet. The one on the NA build is cropped.
                          HP = 71 @ 5200 rpm = 85hp at crank
                          Torque = 81 @ 3800 rpm = 97ftlbs at crank
                          (estimate another 10 hp with more tuning, having a lean/rich issue to sort out

And the search function worked for me. I saw all his threads. I was only looking at the ones concerning builds.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

there should be another pic of a dyno run with a torque curve that sits at almost 110 for over 3000 rpm of power band. that's the one we all got excited about. and that's the one that used his stage 1 cam IIRC.

Comment

Keith (loknload), and others, I apologize for hijacking this thread. I felt like Festyboys comment were rude and unprofessional. I felt that he should have simply answered that he felt like $80 would be a fair price and not trashed the cam. I still haven't found the missing dyno sheet in any of the DAE build threads. Again I apologize for the thread getting off track.
                              Last edited by Team Lightning; 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM.
                              Jerry
                              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                              93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X