No announcement yet.

whats a fms cam shaft worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Festyboy meant no offence by his comment. He was just stating the facts, I dynoed the FMS race cam and made less power than my stage 1. His opinion is valid as has ran both FMS & my cams in his car.I dont have the time to dyno every thing i do for festivas any more because Im booked a year out.My position is my time has been used by many as mearly entertainment, besides i've sold the dynojet as it was starting to have problems.A new portable dyno will arrive soon. Any way if i make a claim its FACT.
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Personally I feel as though FMS never posted specs or any info on their cams, so you never knew what you were buying, at least with Matt's he provides specs and fully stands behind his product, unlike FMS's awesome reputation

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Jerry, i ment no offence in my OP, i just answered the question as best i could and backed up my answer with what info i have. I can't say i wasn't trashing the FMS cam, but when the product doesn't come with a spec sheet and installed performance is lackluster at best, what are you supposed to say? this wasn't a bash on the seller, just the quality product, which he has nothing to do with.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
          I think Festyboy meant no offence by his comment. He was just stating the facts, I dynoed the FMS race cam and made less power than my stage 1. His opinion is valid as has ran both FMS & my cams in his car.I dont have the time to dyno every thing i do for festivas any more because Im booked a year out.My position is my time has been used by many as mearly entertainment, besides i've sold the dynojet as it was starting to have problems.A new portable dyno will arrive soon. Any way if i make a claim its FACT.
          your not getting out of the festiva game all together are you? i want/need to buy a cam from you for my b6
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

What I know for sure is i'm going to finish every thing to which people have put money down on. After that i don't know , the festiva crowd is harder to please than theViper & Vette guys what i get alot is '' I want the best quality , the best performance at cheapest price , Oh and I want it now too''. This is't Burger King i can't always do your way right away. I took a risk devoting tons of time on this and lost . I have several large jobs that i putt off and lost a 116,000.00 project over it all which forced me to rethink this effort .Matt

Comment

Can't blame you at all. This is your living and you aren't gonna make $100k off this crowd. More like -20k
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                Can't blame you at all. This is your living and you aren't gonna make $100k off this crowd. More like -20k
                Which I would assume you would have considered! Selling parts for a $500 car is not a sustainable market to be in. Side hobby sure. Who doesn't want the best quality/performance for free? Doesn't mean you have to do it! If people don't want to pay the price that will keep your business above water, then you are in the wrong market. So, smart move getting out.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Festy boy I can only read what you wrote. To me you trashed the FMS cam by your comment. A simple $80 price should have been the answer. I'll say no more.
                  Last edited by Team Lightning; 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

ok, then i'll say it outright: the FMS cam is JUNK, no matter what you paid for it. i should know, i have 4 of them. take that as you will.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      ok, then i'll say it outright: the FMS cam is JUNK, no matter what you paid for it. i should know, i have 4 of them. take that as you will.
                      How do you happen to have four of them?
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

got one for Scrappy for the B6 build about 8 years ago, then when FMS went belly up, i grabbed 3 more for cheap. one is currently in Skippy as well. they deliver no torque and peak from 4-5k and then fall straight off again, so it's a 1000 rpm cam and it's all in the wrong end of the power band.

Comment

Haha I know how you can still turn them into 60-100$ pieces of metal and not feel bad about it!
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

^ true DAT! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                              Which I would assume you would have considered! Selling parts for a $500 car is not a sustainable market to be in. Side hobby sure. Who doesn't want the best quality/performance for free? Doesn't mean you have to do it! If people don't want to pay the price that will keep your business above water, then you are in the wrong market. So, smart move getting out.
                              Not sure what you paid for the car has to do with any thing, the cheaper you get the car the more it leaves for mods.On the shop face book i show build for customer, he paid 600.00 for the car and i'm at 52,000.00 and still not done.

Comment

even though I read it twice, my jaw didn't drop at seeing the 52K figure. that guys got me beat, but not by much. it's surprising how the receipts add up over almost 15 years of accumulation, but sometimes it's about the passion, not the coldly calculated material worth of something. what's that statistic about the value of the minerals in the human body being worth like about $10?

Comment

Working...
                                X