what digital camera to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what digital camera to buy?

I am looking to own my first digital camera and i am looking for something cheap so i can post some photos of parts to sell here so i can clean up the up staires. any suggestions?

I think my wife has one that she never uses. Takes good pictures, she just uses her phone now. I'll let you know, it'd be supa cheap.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Cell phone does the trick for me.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

stay away from sony , I got a HP now and its pretty good

Comment

Ihave a sony a57 and i like it a lot.
          91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Speaking from my personal experience.
            I would suggest a Canon PowerShot ELPH SD1200 IS 10.0 MP
            Small, light weight so easy to carry in your pocket.
            I've had one of these for 4 years now. Picture quality is good and so far the camera has been trouble free.

They cost over $200 back then but there are several used ones on ebay at reasonable prices.

Comment

Canon, or Sony for simple snapshot cameras.

We have a 10 year old Sony digital camera that has been dropped, and beaten all to hell and back, and it still works perfectly fine. Though it doesn't use a Li-ion battery, it uses AA batteries, so no issues with replacing Lithium-ion batteries.

Though finally got my folks a couple years back a $100 Canon for Christmas, nice simple camera, and better than phone camera on the market (still).
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

GoPro!
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                  GoPro!
                  Gopro are only good for action stuff otherwise they are so so
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

If you just want a simple point and shoot for selling parts a nice phone is really all you need. Most even small cameras these days take pictures that are way larger than you'll need at like 12+MP! Most camera phones are like 4-8MP. I have a really nice DSLR Canon T1i and I used it a bunch several years ago when I first bought it. But over the last couple years I've barely used the thing cause the phones I've had shoot pretty decent pics.
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      Canon, or Sony for simple snapshot cameras.

We have a 10 year old Sony digital camera that has been dropped, and beaten all to hell and back, and it still works perfectly fine. Though it doesn't use a Li-ion battery, it uses AA batteries, so no issues with replacing Lithium-ion batteries.

Though finally got my folks a couple years back a $100 Canon for Christmas, nice simple camera, and better than phone camera on the market (still).
                      Ditto to this. Since this is your first digital camera and it needs to be inexpensive, I would suggest sticking with a simple easy to use snapshot camera. The camera in my smart phone is nice to have, but I use my little digital camera all the time because it is easier to just slip out the SD card to transfer the picture to a computer where I can organize them the way I want. I use the smart phone camera occasionally for pictures that I want to send to someone on the spot. The larger DSLR cameras are nice for professional quality shots but you will need to invest a good deal more money to get one of them, and you will need to do some studying in order to use all the features correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                        Since this is your first digital camera and it needs to be inexpensive, I would suggest sticking with a simple easy to use snapshot camera. I use my little digital camera all the time because it is easier to just slip out the SD card to transfer the picture to a computer where I can organize them the way I want
                        This, is a good idea!

I have a Kodak C142, use it because of the SD card, as mentioned above. It takes quite good pictures, and I have had a couple peeps ask what I use because it takes such nice pics.
                        I think most cameras take good pics now. Get a semi name brand and dont spend a lot of $$$!
                        Last edited by drddan; 11-02-2013, 10:10 PM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Wife and I got matching GE point and shoots off of Tiger Direct a couple years ago. Nuthin' fancy, but they take decent pics, and were like 54 bucks a pop brand new. I just hunted Tiger Direct for a lot of good reviews on cheap point and shoots.
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I have had great service from Fuji point and shoots and my current camera is a Nikon DSLR.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

the stupid thing about sony , its their memory drive , they use their own sony flash drives which is not compatible with anything , grab one that uses generic SD cards. less hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X