No announcement yet.

Spindle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to correct this ASAP. I am wrong about both sides having the same thread. there is a separate part# on my list for the R spindle and the L one. Left is F2BZ4A013B. Right one is F2BZ4A013A.

Comment

My rear spindles have castle caps on the nuts. The issue is these nuts are much smaller than you're standard 16mm nut and the caps will not fit over hardware store replacements. The larger issue is finding the spindle nuts.
      1993 Festy, 1.6SOHC, Aspire Suspension
      Stripped to bare bones, SCCA RallyX

Comment

You could probably have a machine shop
        machine down the nuts to match the caps.

Couldn't cost that much could it??

Or the other option could be using a grinder to machine the flats down to match the cap.

Good luck with your replacement work.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

I am thinking about grinding them down but the size difference is pretty significant. The wrench size is different too so I would have to do a pretty good job to take it from a 22 to a 20. Probably have to run without the cap until I can secure some proper nuts.
          1993 Festy, 1.6SOHC, Aspire Suspension
          Stripped to bare bones, SCCA RallyX

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
            ford changed the Festy spindles in 92 to accept a cotter pin and castelatted cover. I also think they made BOTH side the same thread. (righty tighty, lefty loosy). it would seem logical that they continued this setup on the Aspire spindles also.
            aspires also have the left hand thread as do the Rios... if you have a car with 2 right hand thread spindles, someone replaced the right with a left.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X