G25MR on a B6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G25MR on a B6?

Does anyone here have an SOHC B6 mated to a G25MR transmission? I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I know that there's only ~20 more HP in the USDM B6, but it's just enough to make the stock clutch wear down faster than normal (the way I drive). I like the thought of an LSD, and I was wondering if the G25MR would allow me to accelerate faster, or if it would return the car to the same overall performance of the B3 on the stock transmission. I will eventually return the transmission to it's B6T home (once I rebuild that engine), but until then I'd like to take advantage of whatever benefits it may provide.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

It's got a taller final drive than the E/F-series transmissions so you may perceive a reduction in "pep" but it probably won't be much. You may get better gas mileage, especially if you swap out the stock .795 5th gear for the .717
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Always wanted to know if you put in g series you have to do the mounts all over with a bp engine too. Since no ones really designed anything cookie cutter im probably answering my own here right?
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Where does that .717 gear come from?
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Mazda 626/ford probe with the g series tranny iirc
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

With my b6t and the .717 gear im going 70 mph at 2900rpm with185/70/13 tires
            Idk what mpg is yet tho

Comment

There is more residual drag on a g series, and as far as feel, I think it would feel less powerful, but you could abuse it all day, with almost no worries.

And when the other motor is ready, it's a more simple swap. Go for it.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thanks, I will!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                X