People Want Our Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Want Our Festiva

We got our Festiva GL in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it. We paid $4995 for it. It now has 112,000 miles. Low mileage I know, but for the past 15 years my wife has driven it 3.6 miles round trip to work, and back. The garage we go to for maintenance has been trying to buy it for a few years so they can put it into Lemons racing. I, of course was quite offended that they wanted to strip my classic down, and race it. We recently had to get a damaged tire replaced, and three people at the tire store wanted to buy it. My wife went to the state owned ABC liquor store to stock up for the holidays, and the manager there said he would give her $5,000 for it NOW. I couldn't believe it. A great price, but what could we replace it with for that? Nope, I'm keeping it so that in 14 more years I can put Hysterical, oops, Historical plates on it. That's assuming I'm around, because it will probably out last me.

Cheers, Paul S
    Last edited by GoGuinness; 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM.

Seriously? Sell it and laugh all the way to the bank..... LeMons is a valiant end to your cars life.... Otherwise you'll drive it till it dies, it'll end up in a crusher, and you'll get nothing $$.
    #33 Ford Festiva "We Are Not Really From Iran" - 24-Hours of LeMons 3x Trophy Winner & Class B Winner

Comment

The mechanic couldn't race it in a lemons at $5k I think most lemons races are $500 cars.. Now he could sell it to the liquor store owner!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Keep that car!
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          Keep that car!
          ^^^ THIS!!!

Comment

Where's this liquor store?............................................
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Go, where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                The mechanic couldn't race it in a lemons at $5k I think most lemons races are $500 cars.. Now he could sell it to the liquor store owner!
                Those were separate people offering to buy the car.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

i think the state store manager was "sampling " his product at the time.

Comment

We're in North Carolina, and we will definitely keep the car. We plan on getting some new carpeting, and a re-paint, though after sitting outside through 15 summers of North Carolina sunshine,rain, etc. it still looks pretty good.

Comment

sell it for 5 g's and buy 4 more XP
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

i've regretted every car i've ever sold. Don't do it.
                        "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

I'm attached to both my cars but at 5 gs you could buy 3-5 festies...
                          My Festiva Youtube Channel.

Skittle and Pesty.

Skittle: 91 Festiva L (143K)
                          5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Aspire Booster/EGT Master Cylinder. B6-ME. MSD Streetfire. Miata Seats. Daisy Rims.
                          Pesty 88 Fextiva LX
                          Aspire B3. 5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Miata Booster/Master Cylinder. Microsquirt. Volvo Turbo. Innovate Wideband O2 sensor. Protege Seats.

Rativa: 89 Festiva LX (Carby) (223K)
                          Donor of Life.
                          Whitestiva: 91 Festiva GL (236K)
                          Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Feels good to own a desirable econobox doesn't it. One thing unfortunate about OBDI cars is they are increasingly difficult to electronically diagnose because most techs and portable readers are much more attuned to OBDII.
                            If your 'little fella' doesn't get driven a lot and remains rust-free there is no reason you can't keep driving it. From you've said depreciation is not an issue either! Every year you hang on to it your capital costs remain at zero and you can actually start planning vacations and other frivolous things (like save up for a sports car) with what you save over doing like everyone else by buying a new car every 3-5 years.

Comment

Sell it! I hate to say it but I got out of the festiva game and got a newer VW beetle with a TDI diesel in it. Better mileage, more power, more luxury, holds its value and just overall a funner car to drive. I loved my Festy too but if you can get $5K for it sell that sucker.
                              1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Working...
                              X