People Want Our Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoGuinness View Post
    We're in North Carolina, and we will definitely keep the car...
    Bring it to Festiva Madness, first Saturday in October in Raleigh! Watch the meets and events section for details. We made the trip in 2011 and it was well worth it.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by crusher773 View Post
      Sell it! I hate to say it but I got out of the festiva game and got a newer VW beetle with a TDI diesel in it. Better mileage, more power, more luxury, holds its value and just overall a funner car to drive. I loved my Festy too but if you can get $5K for it sell that sucker.
      I delivered auto parts at one time and if I recall a VW water pump cost about $500 to buy and lots of labour to replace. What else in there is cheap? Probably nothing. Gotta agree with you about fuel economy though.

Comment

I came home to find a note on my door with a name and number asking if I want to sell the festiva. and I thought I was one of the few that would do that

Comment

My daughter has been driving the black Festy to school and has had several offers to buy it.
          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

You better check with where you buy your license plates. Colorado took the historical or collector plates away and you can't get them no more and more states are doing it too.
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I had a coworker offer me $500 for mine, I told him no way, I had had offers of 3x that. He didnt believe me until I told him to search craigslist for Festiva, Aspire, Geo Metro. Had to explain people will pay decent money for a microcar that isn't trashed because they are getting hard to find. Plus any of those 3 cars look infinitely less goofy than a smart fortwo.
              Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
              89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

^ WIN
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

well since u said u were going to get It painted anyway id sell it. get another one and have it painted.if they were gonna give u 5k then seriously u could buy 2 and make some real nice cars just my opinion

Comment

Dont sell it, keep it for eternity!
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Originally posted by GoGuinness View Post
                      We got our Festiva GL in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it. We paid $4995 for it. It now has 112,000 miles. Low mileage I know, but for the past 15 years my wife has driven it 3.6 miles round trip to work, and back. The garage we go to for maintenance has been trying to buy it for a few years so they can put it into Lemons racing.

Cheers, Paul S
                      I hope you give it a longer run once in a while to get everything nice and warm to boil off any acid moisture and dry out the exhaust system. An oil change twice a year is also good.

I don't know of a more reliable, cheap to maintain and operate, cute, fun car.

Paul
                      Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                      Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                      Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                      White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

Working...
                      X