funtop location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it. I want to save it.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by htc View Post
      Festy Stalkin at it's best right here.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I really think it's a 91. 92-93 blue is much brighter.
        Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-16-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I need to go to Nashville sometime......

Why you do this to me?!?!
          Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-16-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Because it is fun to mess with "The Paul"! :mrgreen:

BTW..it is good to see you on here again Paul!
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I'm here most every day.

Comment

When I stopped to look at it, I seem to remember the top having a crank to open or close the top. Granted its been a couple of years since I have been in it, but it seems to 'roll' the top back. Did't try to use because it seem pretty water tight and didn't want to break the seal. I have to say its the coolest festy I have ever seen, that's why I kept it to myself for so long.
                93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                04 blown GT stang
                99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

I thought about installing a sunroof, but decided not to based on how thin the roof sheet metal was. I am sure that there is very little structural integrity in a fun top. Pray that you aren't involved in a rollover. Did you know that your estate is liable for long term care under Obamacare?

Comment

i doubt there's much integrity in a regular festiva full roof panel. at least when you plunge into a lake with a canvas top it's easy to kick out and offers a large egress. i always thought ford never brought us a canvas top because of rollover concerns but it's probably because they were just too cheap. fun facts: depending on the market it was sold in it was decaled as CANVAS TOP, SUN TOP, FUN TOP, CABRIO TOP.

Comment

Do you know if these canvas tops were offered on Festiva's. I have one on mine, but I know nothing about the history. I do know that it is time to do a major repair on the top.

Comment

It was a Mazda 121 option.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

and as a festiva option in JAPAN. here's a link to an add-on from webasto. if you actually have a factory canvas top in need of repair, the top material from a 121 DB is the identical size and can be used on a DA assembly. it's hard to find an original mazda replacement but there are some german suppliers who have new webasto DB canvas for sale. of course it isn't really canvas and neither was the original. more like a high quality vinyl

Comment

I will take a look. Thanks. A local convertible top shop said they can rebuild it for $650. Tough choice. More than I paid for the car!

Comment

Soooooo....I'm curious who picked up this thing. Anyone?
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

FOTM for certain!
                                Maybe FOTY.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 02-08-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X