Hitch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    I have one on my car. It works well in the class 1 range, wouldn't go any higher with it, though.
    Yea for towing I'm sure it would do great, I just wouldn't want to have 4-500 lbs bouncing up and down on it lol.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

This is what "Big Bendy" (the trailer, not the crazy dude in the middle of the pic) can carry:

That's an 1890 piano. Heavy. HEAVY. It made me nervous hauling it, but I went slow, accelerated smoothly, and braked early. That trailer is a tilt trailer. $250 assembled, with the cheap-o floor. Folds into a 5x2x6 area. For a bike, I'd say it's a bit much. For everything else, it's awesome! I don't need a pickup truck now. Word of advice: Don't follow the direct instructions on wiring the trailer. The wire goes through the bent part of the trailer and can break over time or pull when the wiring is still soft. I recommend a [HF #66616] wire kit cut in half and reversed to extend the original harness' wiring, allow for the trailer to fold, and give you the ability to connect other light kits to the trailer like the magnet mounted trailer lights. Many many ways to customize these. I love 'em!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        Yea for towing I'm sure it would do great, I just wouldn't want to have 4-500 lbs bouncing up and down on it lol.
        Oh gawd no.

Someone say tow a piano?

Take the bolts out of the 2X4's where they attach to the trailer, it is a flat deck, and can fold in half. HF 4X8.
        Last edited by scitzz; 01-19-2014, 07:34 PM.
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Hmmm... Seems Harbor Freight KNEW pianos would need to be moved by Festivas...

There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

That HF trailer has paid for itself so many times over, it isn't funny.
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Ordered the Curt 11566, Hopkins 48895 wiring kit, and a HF 4x8 folding trailer. I hope everything gets here before the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
                Thanks for all the help. Ordered the Curt 11566, Hopkins 48895 wiring kit, and a HF 4x8 folding trailer. I hope everything gets here before the weekend.
                Looking forward to seeing your build thread! What ideas do you have?

Comment

Been Lurking here for many years... Guess its time I jumped in. Ive been towing my 800lb jet ski for many years. It pulls with no problem at 70mph with the A/C on.

IMG_2833.jpg
                  92 Festiva GL Sport 5spd A/C 282k miles
                  Power windows, Power door locks, & Heated seats !
                  Festiva of the month co-winner June 2017
                  Festiva of the month winner June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonecj View Post
                    Been Lurking here for many years... Guess its time I jumped in. Ive been towing my 800lb jet ski for many years. It pulls with no problem at 70mph with the A/C on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14876[/ATTACH]
                    Which trailer is that?

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing your build thread! What ideas do you have?
                    No solid plans yet.

Got this is in so far:

waiting for the actual trailer now, for now, this is what it will be pulling:

Comment

Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
                      Which trailer is that?
                      It's a standard Shorelander jet ski trailer

That's the same hitch I am using. You will need to cut a small notch in the lower rear guard. It actually stronger that it looks. I have pulled a double jet trailer a short distance & it seemed to hold OK.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonecj View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14876[/ATTACH]
                        I'm glad you decided to post! How well does the Festy pull the jet ski from the water?

Comment

B1gballin, nice bike!

Comment

On a paved ramp, no problem. It actually surprises people how easy it pulls it up ( it usually draws a crowd). However, the lake in the pic has no ramps, so I always use my 4wd truck. No sense throwing rocks at the paint.

Comment

I'm using a homemade hitch for my bike rack or to pull my 5x8 trailer.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ToSloTrk; 01-25-2014, 02:34 PM.
                              Current
                              Retired

Comment

ToSloTrk, you've used the Australian server to upload your pics. Try a US server.

Comment

Working...
                                X