Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkuehl
    replied
    Never thought about the Jet engine.. Way too funny.. Hmmm Festiva funny car... put little stubby wingletts on it like an attack chopper.. bikini girls.....

Leave a comment:

• BUSTIVA
    replied
    There's been a handful of v8 festivas, but regardless i don't think a v8 will aid any with a landspeed attempt.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I can guarantee you will be smiling at every stage of the build. You will be on magazine covers (with the bikini girls). Just take off all the junk on the engine, so that it is perfectly round, and fit her in. Even Jay's shogun would be put to shame. Totally wild! Even if the turbine didn't fire, just the sound of it compressing the air is mentally defeating for anyone.

Can't touch that!
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    If you are going that far, you might as well go all the way.

Jet engine power!

How big did you say your Festiva nest egg was again?

Maybe this would be a little more affordable. That will take up most of the room inside your Festiva. I am sure nobody would challenge you at the track. 1.5 second quarter miles. Make him an offer and slap it in. A Festiva with a big hole in the front and flames shooting four feet out the back would look awesome. Even Henry Ford would be impressed.

Even if it didn't work, as long as it was all chromed, polished and painted, you could take from car show to car show as the world's fastest Festiva. Don't forget the bikini girls.

Whoa! Wait a minute. I forgot you would to have to relocate the shifter!
    Do you really need a shifter anyway?
    How do jet cars work? Just say a prayer and push the ignition button?

Forget the parachute. You're a goner!

The ultimate jet powered Festiva!
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-28-2014, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dkuehl
    started a topic Festiva World landspeed record...

Festiva World landspeed record...

I am kicking around the idea of a super modified Festiva. I have set aside a nest egg for my Festiva. I thought it might be fun to partner up with a friend who owns a hotrod shop. He has a Northstar Caddy engine doing nothing but collecting dust. Or maybe get my hands on a Buick V6 from a Grand National.. Hmm .. Anyways see the direction I am going.
    My question is has anyone ever tried installing a V8 (other than the one on the web with the dual exhaust coming out of the roof). I am considering chopping the car somewhat to make additional room for the engine in the engine bay, not the back seat. I have another friend who teaches welding and body repair at the local Vo-Tech school. This will be a show car only, being road legal is not a concern. I think I want rear wheel drive too.. I what a fun strip car or exhibition type vehicle to have fun with.. wheelie bars... lol

Thoughts or suggestions?
Working...
X