No announcement yet.

Festiva World landspeed record...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, got my facts straight, it was 1.8 G/Blown mod roadster and the recorded speed was 215mph.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I was going for more the exhibition route.. The jet engine does sound really cool.. I thought maybe a Festiva that had the deep growl. The glass pack rumble as it comes off the trailer.. Blower, shaker hood , chrome side pipes.. rear slicks.. awesome burnouts.. Fun stuff. Something to get people to same Damn.. that’s cool.. at the most I want bragging rights as to a very quick, however un-practical as it maybe, show car…

not ready to do anything too stupid.. but man the jet does sound very cool.. flames out of a festiva...

Comment

If that get engine was all polished, painted candy colors, and chromed, then you will definitely need some form of crowd control at every show you attend. Always remember, the more outrageous and wilder you make it, the more people will be attracted to it. With a jet engine, you don't have to worry about aerodynamics. You can even accelerate a barn door until it breaks the sound barrier. Go for it.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

If you're serious about doing land speed/salt flat stuff in a Festiva I'd start with an Aspire (more weight, better aero, slightly safer if you wreck, and the Aspire body clears taller wheels), do a BP or FE3 (keep it as heavy as possible), G trans with the tallest 5th and final you can find, and boost it with a snail that's a bit too big for the motor (quick spool is not beneficial, but heat will be an issue). You'll go faster on salt than a V8 would.
          If you absolutely need 8 cylinders, you need to look hard at the Gen.III chev truck motors. Iron 4.8/5.3/6.0s can be had a dime a dozen, throw some cheap heads and a cam at it (or leave the whole engine alone and boost it 'til you drop), you absolutely cannot beat the LS motors on the HP-per-dollar ratio. Cramming it in there wouldn't be harder than stuffing any other V8 in there (the Rover/Buick V8 is smaller but parts are expensive and you can't get quite as much insanity out of 'em).

Comment

dk, that jet engine sold on the bay. Was it you who got it?

Comment

Working...
            X