Protege Auto for BP swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protege Auto for BP swap?

I was looking at a '94 Protégé with a BP/Auto. Should I get the trans as well for a swap? Of course I'd be getting the computer as well. I understand the trans is 4 spd O/D.

The blue car is currently sitting minus engine/trans. The boss that the timing belt pulley attaches to is chewed up due to a loose bolt and it got hot by the 'tweener owner' (guy I sold it to and gave it back to me). I was planning on rebuilding it and swapping it into the black car, rebuilding it and swapping it into red car, both use/lose/leak oil. My 5-spd went out so the blue car gave up it's 5-spd to the red car.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

From all my readings here, the transmission wont fit. Too big. F3A (stock festy auto) and F4A-HL from early 323 and Tracers are the only two I've heard of.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

dang.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Could you replace the cam you mentioned in the op?
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
        X