new guy here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELCOME and booo that your in texas
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
      ......but not to the car scene...

picked up a '93 festiva this past weekend. It's an "L" model and 5 speed standard, no a/c or power steering.
      Other than the shifter feeling all sloppy and a slight "ticking noise" from the motor that comes and goes (like literally motor will be running silent some days and ticking the next, then gone again), the car drives great!

I drive on average 65-70mph and have averaged a solid 41mpg!!!!
      car is clean and decent and was towed behind an rv most of it's life, odometer shows 114,xxx.

but i look forward to keeping this car for quite a while.....all i need is some sound because the speakers are all busted out lol!
      I never listened to the radio much in a Festy for two reasons. 1) the OEM systems all 'went kaput' at around age 10 and 2) once a car is 20 years old it's in your best interests to keep attuned to the sound of axles/wheels/engine/bearings so as to anticipate what to tangle with next in advance of catastrophic mechanical failure. The Ojibway-Cree Natives always told me about 'being one with the land' (while running down moose and caribou out of season) but 'being one with your car' is pretty darn close.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Whichever bushings you use, they are useless without a couple of M8 Nyloc nuts to keep them on. Don't use the cheap factory nuts. Don't force the bushings in. They should slide in perfectly. You will be amazed at the difference.

If you change the lower shift boot, you might as well wipe off all the old grease and put some new grease on the shifter ball. I used nano grease, but any aluminum complex grease would also be fine.
        I work in the industrial field and have lots of stuff at my disposal, so the nylon locking nuts wouldn't be a problem.

as far as the grease for the shifter ball, i was going to use Premalube NLGI #2 with Moly. I was actually going to use it on all grease points on the car.....

a bit overkill, sure...but its free to me and usually about $22 per tube to general public lol
        '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
          Just a note of caution when you put sea foam into your oil before you change it, only use 6 ozs before you change it and 6 ozs after you change it. If you use more, it may open up holes in gaskets and in other places where old oil has collected in spaces where it might have leaked before and dried up. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
          got it, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
            WELCOME and booo that your in texas
            sorry, but EVERYONE knows that TEXAS > *

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              I never listened to the radio much in a Festy for two reasons. 1) the OEM systems all 'went kaput' at around age 10 and 2) once a car is 20 years old it's in your best interests to keep attuned to the sound of axles/wheels/engine/bearings so as to anticipate what to tangle with next in advance of catastrophic mechanical failure. The Ojibway-Cree Natives always told me about 'being one with the land' (while running down moose and caribou out of season) but 'being one with your car' is pretty darn close.
              I'm a stickler for maintenance on my cars and always do my own work, but i gotta have my music lol
              besides, i have most of the components to replace all the stuff in the car already (from previous rides).

but as much as i drive, i give the car a good once over weekly....

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                See my sig. And welcome.
                thanks!

question: i assume the fsm for a 91 is the same for a 93?

Comment

Vintage auto literature.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    websense own ebay, ugh....

(i'm at work right now)

Comment

Working...
                    X