what made you fall for your festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what made you fall for your festiva?

I know most have a really good stories about what made you fall in love with the festiva. Thought that with no fotm going on we could get something going.

Sappy, happy, stupid, or just funny. Ill post mine after the junk yard on Saturday. In the meantime lets see what you got.

Nuff said....

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

But seriously, for me it started cause they're like driving a go kart... Then once you learn the interchangeability of all the Mazda components, they're like a massive jigsaw puzzle that you can build anything you want with the right combination of parts

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Cheapest fun on four wheels. Also the fact I can out brake and out handle most cars on the road.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The girls just love Festivas. That's why I'm in.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          But seriously...the interchangeability of all the Mazda components...you can build anything you want with the right combination of parts
          What he said. More fun than aftermarket I always say.
          -Bryant

Comment

February 11 2009 was the day. Had my house my cobalt ss and my wife and 2 boys and a girl. Good job good life. The nex day my daughter was diagnosed with a.l.l. leukemia. Everything stopped. Lost my job, car and house in the next few years. Worked at jiffy lube and my wife stayed with my daughter In the hospital. 9 bucks an hour was not a good income to find a car so me and the boys did a lot of walking. In 2011 my baby girl was cancer free. So I called my dad and told hime that g.m. called to offer me a job. I only have 600 bucks and cant find a car to drive 100 miles a day so he sent me 1000 bucks and if you need more call. Me and my wife went on Craigslist and there it was. First car on the list. Rebuilt motor, 5sp. Perfect. Called the man and he was shocked. Had only been posted for 2 minutes. Went and picked it up about a half hour later. Not perfect rusty hail damage. But it ran perfect. Got home and my kid's loved it. My daughter started calling it a ferrari and wanted it when she could drive. We would look up stuff to do to it. She wanted to paint it black cherry like my impala was. Started at g.m. and everything came back on track. Loved the car but it needs ac.
            6 weeks later my daughter relapsed. We always brought the ferrari to the hospital and she would ride shotgun because her wheelchair was in the back. She loved it. Even in 100 degrees. Never could afford to do anything to the car. But she would always talk about it. This little car made her smile and forget about the things that would happen in the hospital.
            In April 21 2013 we were told they couldn't do anything else. She had started having seizures from the poisons thay had to put in her. We came home on the 22nd. She would only ride in the car two more times. She told me the last time we took a drive to get ice cream to start working on the car when money's not so tight. She passed away on the 8th of may 2013. She made me love my car. And I will have this car for ever. Even if it's parked in a field. I will never give it up.

Comment

Was the only car I could afford as my first car, and found one in Greenville Ohio for $400. Major rust bucket, and a POS when I got it.

Quickly fell in love with it.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Sorry for going all deep. But when you sell your klze I will have 2!!

Comment

Jhli - sorry for your loss man, that's gotta be the toughest thing any parent could ever have to go through

Comment

Its unexplainable. And thank you. But I can carry on with the car. I will finally have help with it thanks to tominmo and my wife for letting me.

Comment

If I was local to you, I'd help you build the car to where you and your daughter would have wanted it too

Comment

I do appreciate it.

Comment

jhli, Sorry about the loss of your daughter. She lives on through your "Ferrari". I'm sure it will be an awesome car that she would have been proud of. I too would be glad to help if I was closer to you.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I bought my Festiva on May 16,1990. I was looking for another vehicle as my Mailbu was not in very good condition.
                            I was looking at Rangers but they were out of my payment range. I asked about the little car and was asked if I would consider a manual transmission.
                            I said sure. Well, I looked at it, drove it and bought it on the spot. It had 12 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. $6594.00/156.63 per month and it was mine. It now has an Aspire swap, FMS springs, 14" wheels and tires, and plans for a gas mileage project motor are in the works.

My blue 93 was a $300.00 car that needed a motor. The story on it will be revealed at a later date.
                            Last edited by Team Lightning; 04-19-2014, 05:10 AM.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I grew up in one, and Mom gave me my first one. Beat up white L. Carbed, 12s, 4spd. As basic as it gets. Our local Festiva guy built it for me from spare parts around his yard(he had "a few" to pick from), and I wrecked it just before graduation. Destroyed it. But I got out with minor scratches, and I guess being my very first experience with a car cemented them to me. I haven't stopped buying them since. I've had 6 in 7 years of car ownership. I can't stop coming back, and I sure don't want to.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                              X