No announcement yet.

what made you fall for your festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks lightning. Love it 12 miles. How many you at today?
    Sketchman that sucks but only minor scratches in a car our size is good. Any pics of it?

Comment

My Festiva was on a "to-do" list if I can find one. They are kind of a unicorn car over here...and all I needed was to find one. Wish I got one sooner.
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

jhli, up until 4 yrs. ago, my Festiva was the only one I had ever driven. I've put all but about 5000 miles on it myself. I bought the 93 then things got crazy. I currently own 5 Festiva's including a parts car. I have 2-93's, a 90, an 89 and the parts car is a 92.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I bought mine on impulse. It belonged to my stepson and had been sitting beside our back road for a couple months because a brakeline had broken. Some kids/men came along in the middle of the night and flipped it upside down denting most of the tin and beaking all the windows except the hatchback. He righted it and after a couple days drove it into the yard where it sat for 3-4 years. I traded 135 bales of hay for it, worth about $2 a bale. Had 62K miles on it. I'm working on an aluminum unibody pickup (based on Austin Bantam) to put the drivetrain/engine into. Hope I live ling enough, I'm 78, to get it done. Gotta go faster than the last 10 years since I got it.

Jhli, I'm sorry about your daughter. One of my girls, 53, has breast cancer. She's going for a masectomy 4/23.
          Bernie in MA

Comment

Wish her the best of luck. I always told carol to fight like a girl!!!

Comment

No pics, sorry, and since our local guy died a few years ago, his collection got cleaned up, so the carcass is gone now too. Every time I do something or see something done to a Festiva I think, if only Charlie could see that. He was building a hot B3 when he died. Big B swaps and 14s and 15s and whatnot that guys do all the time on here would have blown his mind.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

jhli man, thats a heck of a story. can't imagine the things you and your family went through. prayers to all of you.

one of my first memories of riding in a car was in my dads 90 red "tomato car" festiva. no a/c. so it was windows down and hands out the windows to pretend i was a plane,car, whatever i wanted to be. front seats with no rear, it was a heck of a little buggy. ive owned two since then, but i know dad has had at least 6 at one time. we still have the original 90 and now my lil carbd 89.

Comment

John/jhli, great working with you today at the JY and my garage. Now I understand why you will never change the pass. seat. Your story made me tear up.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Was not my intention. It was a great day for me as well. Looking forward to our next jy find!

Comment

Working...
                    X