Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why a festiva? Why not a Geo Metro or Honda Civic or Pontiac firefly all from 90s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for something cheap that got good MPG for my commute to work. I didn't care what make or model as long as it got close to 40 mpg and was cheap. A Festiva popped up for $700 and I jumped on it. I had a Chevy Sprint in the 80's and it was a great car. It was passed around from my mom to me to my brother and not a single problem in 200k miles and got great mileage.My brother gave it to a friend in need who ran it out of oil due to a gasket leak and blew the engine. I don't know where all the hate comes from.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Same place Festiva hate comes from. Ignorance. Isn't it ironic that the word Festiva triggers the spell check on a Festiva forum?
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Everyone trolls me about driving little cars. I get jokes about if I get more muscular I'll have to lube myself up to get into my car. They are just jealous

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't afford money spent on gas. I need to buy food.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mustard on the beat ho, Im different, yeah Im different
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Dad bout the car in '92, nearly brand new. Since then its been on ATV trails, 4x4 trails, logging roads, towed behind an RV as a run around cad,taught me, my sister, a few friends, and my wife how to drive, done 108 without trying, got hit by a miata and drove away after totaling the miata, beat a modified ranger up a hill climb, got me and my sister to school, has over 300,000 miles, and the only thing that has ever went wrong was the threads on one sparkplug hole let go. And that was fixed in less than a day of labor. I've never seen any other type of car take that kind of abuse and not have issues. It runs circles around my jeep and still gets 42 mpg.
              '91 Festiva
              '69 F350 flatbed farm truck
              '10 Equinox
              '95 Suburban
              '05 Vegas
              '02 Vstar 650 bobber project

Comment

I needed a beater to deliver pizzas in part time. So I found this aspire at a used car lot mom and pop, where he also had a 93 Geo Metro.he wanted 16 or 17 hundred for each car and I test drove them and decided to make him an offer on both. I offered 3000 for both cars that day and he took it so I took both cars home and decided I was going to let my daughter she choose which one she wanted because she needed a car to drive back and forth to work and school. She chose the metro and I got the Aspire both cars had air so I didn't care which one I got for both were 5 speed cars. Well the Aspire got 36 miles to the gallon around town on the Metro got close to 45 but I didn't care which one I got.

after a couple of years of driving the Aspire and going to the FF dot com forums I decided I would try to find me a little fast Eva because I figured it would get even better gas mileage since it weighed less than the Aspire. So I put a wanted ad on Craigslist and I got calls me with a 89 4 speed car that I picked up for 1200 bucks and it only had a hundred six thousand miles on it. three years later I'm still driving it and doing part time pizza delivery job and that's all I do, less hassle less stress and more money.
                Last edited by loknlode; 06-22-2014, 04:01 PM.
                admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Working...
                X