Festiva Motor Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Motor Sports

I have heard alot about people buying parts from festivamotorsports.com. What ever happened to the site?

They are NO more.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

They have been out of business for a few years now.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

does anybody know where we can still possibly buy fms parts?

Comment

Originally posted by joshua1706 View Post

Post up a [WTB] and ask for FMS specific parts.
          I know there some out there and I'm sure, for a price, they can be had.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

FMS had it's heyday 10 years ago. Roger's business model petered out (a slow death) about 3 years ago. Some of his stuff was unique but FourGreen out of Korea currently stocks darn near anything OEM you want or need. Folks here can give you tips on upgrades and performance-oriented help.
            You can start by seeking out a dead or dying Aspire and any one of a number of late 80s early 90s (OBDI types) B series Mazda engine. I switched my FMS sprung car over to Aspire springs a few years ago so as not to shake loose my kidneys and yet still retain a firm ride.

Comment

Originally posted by joshua1706 View Post
              Keep your eye out here or on Ebay and every so often some parts pop up.
              Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Iv owned two stock 93 5speed festivas and loved them. Id like to buy one again and start 'building' it up. I just dont know where to start, or how to make the passenger engine mount for a B6T.

Comment

Don't know where to start? Then, do like I did. Same mounts. cammed B6, with lots of room for power steering, A/C and cruise + a set of twin carbs. Later add, power antenna, lighted vanity visors, leather seats, power locks, fuel door actuator, etc.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 06-10-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I want more of a 1/4 mile car that I can still drive on the streets, instead of a cruiser.

Comment

The FMS engine mounts were only good for the B6T wwith a stock trans. Read the forum there are a couple threads on do it yourself mounts, not to hard to do. And if your lucky maybe someone in your area could help you!
                      Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

If I'm correct Shadetree on this forum will custom install engines into Festys for a very modest price and I'd bet he could coach you and/or fabricate what you need. From what I gather it's preferable to upgrade to a stronger tranny too if you're looking to run any of the twin cam B series engines.
                        I always wanted just once to be able to pilot a real 'sleeper' Festy like the one Advancedynamix meticulously assembled and fine tuned.

Comment

I'll let you drive mine
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                            I'll let you drive mine
                            Kind of you to make that offer! Florida is quite a hike from here. The whole concept of fielding a sleeper with no outward signs of being anything other than a housewife's grocery getter has always appealed to me much more than parading around town in an obvious muscle car.
                            I drove a Mini Cooper 40 years ago and on the university grounds roadway confidently pulled out to pass a hippie in an early 60s Beetle one time. Next thing I knew the guy was nonchalantly staying with me and ultimately I had to back off and get in behind him. I scoured the parking lots there for weeks and did find that car; crawling underneath I saw that it had tuned pipes and said Porsche on a cover plate and that the engine and drivetrain was much shinier than the car! 'Course this spurred me into seeking out and building an "S" engine (another 20 hp over a stock Cooper (Coopers had 55 hp, Mini 850s had 35 hp) but I never did come across that 'modest' fellow again and keeping that S engine together, and avoiding speeding tickets, was too much of a chore.

Comment

Is there anywhere that I could buy FMS motor mounts for the B6T swap?

Comment

Working...
                              X