Gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    A few more details would be very helpful rather than a vague reference to not getting as good mpg as it should.
    So what mpg are you getting?
    As Chobobulous asked ATX or Auto?
    What part of the country do you live in?
    Why are you using premium?
    Are you tires fully inflated, are your rear brakes not disengaging fullly?
    what average speed do you drive?
    MPG is in the details!
    Yeah...this would help...could be one simple thing...my only addition question would be...does it respond go ghost gas pedal.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz View Post
      Yeah...this would help...could be one simple thing...my only addition question would be...does it respond go ghost gas pedal.
      What?

Comment

Weight will play a role in mpgs but you'd have to add SERIOUS weight for it to really add up to much. Eurotiva (owner of the worlds fastest festiva) said 40lbs=1/10th of a second in a quarter mile if I recall correctly. Granted he's got way more power than we have with stock engines. I still averaged 28 mpg pulling my trailer with about 400lbs on it long distance. That was the average for my car until recently, it went up to 31 now.
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz View Post
          Originally posted by DanielleChristian View Post
          What?
          Maybe 'How does it respond to the gas pedal?'. A question maybe about throttle response. IDK for sure.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Your fuel gauge is most likely off or someone siphoned gas from your car. The best mpg I've gotten out of a tank was 45 mpg and it happened to be when I had the most weight in it. A passenger and a cargo area full of heavy carpentry tools.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              Maybe 'How does it respond to the gas pedal?'. A question maybe about throttle response. IDK for sure.
              Thanks

Trying to pinpoint something like...slipping atx...trimming...fuel filter...vacuum leak
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
                Your fuel gauge is most likely off or someone siphoned gas from your car. The best mpg I've gotten out of a tank was 45 mpg and it happened to be when I had the most weight in it. A passenger and a cargo area full of heavy carpentry tools.
                I also have a auto 93 ford festiva and it's using a lot of petrol thinking about selling it. When I brought it about 2 months ago the petrol was great but now it's just using so much putting $15 a day in! And only going local I even ran out the other day had to push it to the servo with my girlfriend trying to steer it

Comment

OH me... my little 89 Festiva only gets about 27miles per gal now. When it was new, it got about 35 around town. it is older.. so I am thankful it still runs.

Comment

Working...
                  X