another super low mileage Festiva in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10k? Antique? LOL

Even 100% clean already done up ones don't go for that much. I probably would have laughed in her face and turned around and left.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

^I think that was her way of saying she wants more than what I offered. Not how much she actually wants.
      -Bryant

Comment

There often are buyers out there that talk through their hat regarding forking over big bucks. They never come through when it matters. If your offer is firm make it clear to her that it is a no questions asked immediate cash sale. If you have patience sometime over the next 6 months to a year something requiring an infusion of cash (dealer-serviced brakes/exhaust/ball joints/tires) is going to crop up with this car and make your offer suddenly become a lot more appealing.
        I got my first 93 Festy for $50 in 2004 only because the little old lady neighbour that owned it faced a $1500 commercial garage repair estimate for tune-up/timing belt/brakes/bearings/exhaust/ball joints, which is not atypical for a car that just crossed the 100,000Km (60,000 mi) barrier. All she wanted was that it went to a good home and not the junkyard.

Comment

That would be nice. But her sons have expressed an interest only to sell it after she dies. Just hope she relays my info to them before hand.
          Last edited by Gomez; 08-25-2014, 08:37 AM.
          -Bryant

Comment

Everybody 80 or over drives a Buick. at least 10 MPH below the speed limit. and Always in front of me on a no passing road.

Comment

Hope she comes around for you. That is a really nice looking car.
              I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Sometimes you're a bug and then other times you're the windshield. Looks like you are the windshield. Hope this works out.

Comment

Working...
                X