Reassembly questions. B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reassembly questions. B6

I don't remember what fuel line goes where. Does the fuel feed go to the spot with the regulator (for lack of better words the gold ufo) or is that for the return.

Can I delete the charcoal canister thing.

Do I need to use the throttle cable from the Mazda? The throttle body is set back like almost 2 inches as compared to the b3 and is about a quarter open.

Edit

My wideband will be here soon but I don't have it yet. Is there a way to make the waste gate stay open so I can run with no boost until I can get a bung welded in.

Speaking of exhaust. Is the stock diameter fine or should I go up to like a 2in one.

Where is base timing for the dizzy. And I tried to put it on both ways but it only goes on one way so that's good.
    Last edited by Chobobulous; 07-25-2014, 12:48 AM. Reason: [IMG][/IMG]
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

The line coming from the fuel filter goes to the end without tje fpr (ufo thing)

Yes you can delete the canister.

The Mazda throttle cable is much better. It makes a tight 90* right by the firewall . Looks better and fits better.

I run stock exhaust for what it's worth.

And timing, you must set with a timing light. 10* btdc
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      The line coming from the fuel filter goes to the end without tje fpr (ufo thing)

Yes you can delete the canister.

The Mazda throttle cable is much better. It makes a tight 90* right by the firewall . Looks better and fits better.

I run stock exhaust for what it's worth.

And timing, you must set with a timing light. 10* btdc
      Thank you. I'm looking to get the first fire up this weekend. Ill be sure to make a video.

So to clarify I just throw the distributor on there however then time it right away.
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Do not plug the line from the charcoal canister unless you vent the gas cap. Then you can also throw out all that other fuel vapor separator stuff behind the l/h panel.

Intake and exhaust should both be an inch and a quarter.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Another question. Im pretty sure I know the answer but I want opinions of more experienced members.

Vacuum hose routing.

As we all know the iav valve normally is connected to the intake before the throttle. Can I just take that end and connect it after the throttle too? Drawing and dumping in the same place seems silly I guess but hey why not ask.

Next. Instead if cutting a hole in my intake for the recirculation valve, can I connect that after the throttle body, im thinking no but just want to confirm.
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

The IAC must be connected to draw from before the throttle valve. After the throttle valve (intake side) is under vacuum.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
            X