Need help carb festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help carb festiva

I finally got my carb festiva to turn on. Changed distributor due to no spark, timing belt jumped a tooth so I changed and adjusted the timing belt. Had little gas going to carb due to a leaky gas filter and hose; replaced.

Now that the car finally turned on a wire from the little box next to the battery started to get hot and smoke. (labeled Main). I'm assuming is has a short somewhere or do i just need to change that box. Any one had this issue before? In addition the car sounds like crapola can't rev past 2000 and turns off on me.Carb issues or can it be due to the smoky wire?

There are PAL fuses at part stores, that are plug and play, to replace those wires. You can pull the wires out and stick in the PAL fuses, 20-30-20 amp rating, 20 are pink 30 is green, Replace and see if it still gets hot. 30 goes in the middle

Clean the terminals real good with a little wire brush, to remove any corrosion, before you put the PAL fuses in.
    Last edited by drddan; 08-23-2014, 09:59 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thaqt's a fusible link- someone just told me to replace those with PAL fuses- search that-
      I don't have an issue yet with mine, but have made my own in the past-

could be a short causing that to heat, or could be a bad connection right there- clean those connections first

looks like you have a fair shore of grease gunk and corrosion under the hood-
      it nmay help to find as many points where the harnesses are grounded to the chassis-

and clean those points then, to make sure harnesses are grounding properly.
      Last edited by harpon; 08-23-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

^ We posted at the exact same time! HAHA!
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
        X