hello from Toledo Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Toledo Ohio

Hi everyone! My name is Tom. I picked up a 1993 festiva from a friend in Kenton Oh on Saturday. It's been converted to a "micro truck" by a previous owner in findlay oh. The conversion is no where near complete or good lol over the next few years I plan on fixing it. But for a dd to and from work every day I couldn't say no to 45+mpg.

My other car is a 1993 Celica convertible. Love This Car, Lots of mods and more to come.

Any questions or comments feel free

Glad to be here, it seems like a lot of good information, and people

Here's a few pics of the micro truck

And the Celica

I do have one question regarding the festiva. Isn't the festiva supposed to have lug bolts like the stupid german cars? Mine has regular studs and lug nuts. Not that I'm complaining it but I've never seen one with actual studs

Comment

Double post sorry.
      Last edited by micro_trucktiva; 09-07-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by micro_trucktiva View Post
        Double post sorry.
        I don't think people mind double posts around here, just don't abuse it.

Oh geeze, I can't believe the PO sprayed expanding foam in the rust holes. Goes though all that chopping, and converting it into a mini-truck, but couldn't even be bothered to cut out rust. *facepalm*

Engine bay looks real nice, interesting choice on that textured paint, though that overspray on the hoses look lazy, guy couldn't be bothered to wrap masking tape around the hoses?

Looks like whoever had it liked the car, but half-assed just about everything on it.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of us Ohioans that loves us some Festivas.
          -Bryant

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah there is a lot that I would do differently, and will correct over time. But it's functional. Even with the cut springs it's a blast to drive. The hoses have since been replaced I believe ( that is a pic from when it was first painted.
            Also need a check valve for the brake booster and a battery hold down.

Comment

Eventually the entire cartruck will be that teal color in the engine bay.

Comment

Going to pick up a set of replacement headlights for a true HID retrofit also.

Comment

Gonna make a camper top? You could use the back of an old Festiva!

a little steel wool takes that overspray right off.

So the coil has been replaced and hot-wired somehow?

Interesting alternative breather tube and filter

Anyone else using a separate oil breather filter and NOT running it back into the breathing tube?
                  I've got one for mine, but I'll have to plug the breather tube I guess.
                  Last edited by harpon; 09-08-2014, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Hey neighbor. I myself am about to finish a move from Wauseon to ToledHo
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

No clue on the coil it's a GM performance coil. It works lol never thought of a cap for the bed hahahaha.

Yeah toledo sucks anymore

Comment

I like the truck, genuinely like it. That engine bay looks clean

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Anyone know where to get a vacuum hose with a check ball inside it? My brake booster hose has no check valve, I picked up the valve from the parts store but it won't work because it's the normal style valve that just plugs into the booster, the festiva booster has a welded elbow to hook a hose too.
                            Last edited by micro_trucktiva; 09-08-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I don't know what n.a. cars need a checkvalve for

Comment

Working...
                              X