Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
      I dunno milage . Everyone had a broken cable

I wasn't aware oil changes improve valve face and valve seat performance. Noted!
      So it could have been milege. As far as valve wear, I was thinking that old oil loses its lubricating ability and therefore would contribute to valve guide wear. You did not specify valve seat or guide in your previous post. Old oil might even be less effective at removing heat, but that's probably relatively trivial or non-existent; just speculating.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
        The B3's I've torn down or assisted in tearing down had busted/cracked pistons in them. It seems to me that the pistons may be a weak spot. All had at least one bad piston in it.
        What busts/cracks pistons?

Comment

I thought since the pistons arnt wide at all it would be harder to crack or hurt the piston because it would have more closer skirting to support it?

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            I don't think I have ever heard of anyone breaking a crank, even on a boosted BP like Greg's; so they must be pretty good.
            BPs have forged crankshafts. At least that is what wikipedia says.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I've seen a few B3's with burnt valves.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
              X