No announcement yet.

Festiva Inheritance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you all so much. I treasure stories, and pictures of him, and you all have been a blessing to me already!
    '89 Isuzu Trooper
    '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Sorry to hear of the passing of your Dad and brother Mitch, if your looking to mod your Dads truck, look inward and ask yourself what would Dad like. You will find the answer, if you get some time I know the members would like to see more pic's of the Festy trucks and what's left of the Festiva salvage yard. Good luck
      Last edited by sc72; 11-22-2014, 10:40 AM.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I met your Dad a year ago last October at Madness and really enjoyed talking to him. We talked about the medical issues he faced --he was so accepting and at peace at that time in his life.
        I know he must have been a great Dad. My condolences on your loss.
        Last edited by 1990new; 11-22-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I found out about the possibility the bp swap 3 or 4 years ago. I would show dad the u tubes of how insanely quick the little thing could be. He would gruff and say "ahh, I don't need that, why would I", and still held that position.........even though he had quietly bought 4 Capris.
          with the extra weight in the Festero conversion being cut away, the thing is going to be awesome!!
          '89 Isuzu Trooper
          '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
            '89 Isuzu Trooper
            '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Here are a few of the pics I took of your father's Trucktiva at FM7.

Looks like he was #7 at FM7!

The GLOSSY bed blew my mind!

Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

So sorry to hear that. I am in TR and I bought a set of tires and a head from him for my son's car in august or September .
                Mickie wanted to get my unfinished BP car but wanted to trade a Capri for it but I didn't need anything
                else wheels in the driveway , lol. He said he'd try to sell the capri and get back to me.
                often wondered why he didn't call back after the several talks we had on it. I almost bought the blue truck that was unfinished
                but again, i didn't need more wheels in the drive. (At the time but I have since sold a car). I loved the red truck - don't you ever let it go.
                he was such a great guy - he had such a positive spirit. I am sad but I know where he is.
                Last edited by loknlode; 01-01-2015, 05:26 PM.
                admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I met him at FM5 and we talked for quite awhile. I remember him being pretty interested in the B6t swap. He was a really nice guy, so easy to talk shop with. Please continue his traditions the best you can. Madness wouldn't be the same without that beautiful little red truck.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

My heart............thanks guys, I cherish these stories, and I can't wait to show Mama.
                    '89 Isuzu Trooper
                    '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Can you explain the major steps that were taken to build a truck like that. Does the tailgate swing?

Comment

Originally posted by dacusville5 View Post
                        [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Trucking Epic M8!
                        My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

the tailgate is hinged on the left to swing open, but the mechanism is not strong enough to support its own weight. consequently, there is a prop rod that snaps out and is let to the ground to hold end (side) of door up when in the open position.
                          the back glass is the rear panel from a 1968 c-20 big truck. that's's the only thing we could find with a small enough glass, yet enough sheet metal to go to the floor.
                          '89 Isuzu Trooper
                          '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Working...
                          X