New here, just bought a 1992 Festiva 1.8 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, just bought a 1992 Festiva 1.8 swap

Hey everyone, super excited, new Festiva owner here. Was browsing Copart a couple days ago when I come across a Fiesta GL with 1.8 swap, in what was pretty awesome condition for Copart. Put in my bid of what I could afford, sure I would lose. I won!! Here she is, wont get to see her in person til Monday. I am looking for whoever did the work on her originally, so if that is you, or you know who did please let me know. Got a ride to Boise Monday, picking her up and having her looked at with mechanic than driving 230 miles home. I love adventures!
    Attached Files

Nice! Aspire swap, spoiler, bp, candy stripe interior.....wow
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

So how much?

Comment

Festiva, not Fiesta. Two completely different cars. :p
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Doh! I knew that lol, and knew I would make that mistake as well eventually. Better sooner than later. With auction fees, ended up being 375.

Comment

Nice!

This car must have been seized from the owner that built it, I don't see how it managed to go that cheap otherwise. This car would have EASILY gone for over $2k here.
            Guy must have been caught street racing too many times with it. XD
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I was amazed, I know that there was a post about it a week back in the for sale section here, that I found. Another member had found this one and some others on Copart. When I saw that, I was sure that someone here would snag it up and my budget wouldn't have a chance. The girlfriend is mad about it, she doesn't understand. This is my first modified Festiva and I am psyched. I bought an Aspire off Copart a year ago for more than this bone stock and sold it. This one will be for keeps :-D.

Comment

$375? Insane.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Yep, $375 no missing numbers. I feel like Christmas has come early.

Comment

Awesome deal!!
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

That's great sir!

Comment

Your tiva looks almost like mine. Anyways, welcome aboard guy
                        sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

I was the one who noticed it on copart from whoever posted the original thread and yes great find it also was said that the car was running and driving with keys and was donated by previous owner

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Please post how it runs and stuff im very curious if its rugged or not thanks dude very cool car

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will definitely be posting to let you guys know, I am wanting to dig in and find out all I can about it. Wondering if the clutch was upgraded, or if it will be slipping when stepping into it, There is quite a resemblance @ninja

Comment

Working...
                              X