Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ugly a festiva would you drive if it got 70+ MPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayber View Post
    If gas was back at $5 Id rock it. At $3 Id pass.
    $5 Gas will happen again just a matter of time,

M1 Soldier, how about some pic's of the back, keep up the good work.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Yes, because there is so much dignity in driving a Festiva.....;-)
      Gotta save what's there though lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

since you don't care what anybody thinks, why not put dimples in it like a golf ball?
        proven to increase mileage several % points.
        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

I don't see what so different about it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................its late, just kidding.
          92 GL, 98k
          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

I would mod it to a nice green color, paint 60MPG into the trim stripes, and run personalized plates LAFFN2 or LST LAF. I would not drive it like it is without my "VENUS OR BUST" signs.
            When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

When I was into Geo Metro XFi's we all concluded the "XFi" stood for "eXtinguishes Female Interest.

Now of my XFi's was named "birth control"

apparently it didn't work.
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Some pics of the underbelly tray would be great too.
                Last edited by festyxfi; 11-23-2014, 11:08 PM.
                Because....45 MPG.

Comment

There are a few stretch's on my route that have very strong cross winds.Other than the fear of being blown sideways I wouldn't have a problem.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I will work on getting some more pics. Not sure I'm keeping the extended boat tail at this point.

I tried the alternator delete. Looks like a bust so far. Drove 200 miles, got 43 MPG.

It was 45 degrees, 45 MPH winds (mostly headwinds) and I was driving 75-80 MPH. Since those aren't the best testing conditions, I am planning a more stable testing day this week. Drive 30 miles out, get gas. Turn around with alternator hooked back up, and then get gas to see if it noticeable difference.

Comment

Wow serious winds ! Toe settings have a huge impact on these Golf Karts,what are you running?
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by mach1soldier View Post
                        I will work on getting some more pics. Not sure I'm keeping the extended boat tail at this point.

I tried the alternator delete. Looks like a bust so far. Drove 200 miles, got 43 MPG.

It was 45 degrees, 45 MPH winds (mostly headwinds) and I was driving 75-80 MPH. Since those aren't the best testing conditions, I am planning a more stable testing day this week. Drive 30 miles out, get gas. Turn around with alternator hooked back up, and then get gas to see if it noticeable difference.
                        How do you get by without an alternator? Deep cycle battery and short trips plus a trickle charger in the garage?
                        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

While the Boat Tail idea is nothing new, the idea is certainly catching on, there are 3 truck lines in our area that are sporting something like the Boat tail, i'll get a picture of the trailers in our area and post. One thing I have noticed on these trailers, there is no dirt on the back so the breaking up of the wind must be doing something positive, the trailer belly side skirts have really gotten popular.
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                            While the Boat Tail idea is nothing new, the idea is certainly catching on, there are 3 truck lines in our area that are sporting something like the Boat tail, i'll get a picture of the trailers in our area and post. One thing I have noticed on these trailers, there is no dirt on the back so the breaking up of the wind must be doing something positive, the trailer belly side skirts have really gotten popular.
                            I see these all over the country. They seem to have popped up around 2007 when gas shot up to $5 bucks.
                            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I think all vehicles should be built with much more emphasis on Aero. Good work.
                              My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

I'd drive it for sure. Cover over the screws, paint it one solid color (full chrome would look awesome), and rock it.
                                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                                1988 LX 5-speed
                                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
                                X