DISGUSTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISGUSTED!

As you all know I was purchasing a 93 GL sport from a dealership who took it as a trade. Well after they asked me for a deposit yesterday and I agreed and asked me for a fax number. I get a text this morning that someone sold the car from underneath me. I am absolutely so furious. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. Is there NO COMMUNICATION between people in these places?? I just want to give up.

Yeah it sux. Money talks to these guys, not their word. First guy there with $$ wins. It's just a reality.

But why is it the third time this has happened to you? Do you need to lock down the purchase with a deposit faster, to prevent this? From their viewpoint, money talks and BS walks. I'm sure they see it all the time. Big promises but then delays. You'd get tired of it too, and just sell to whoemever walked in with the cash.
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I don't know what more I could have done. I agreed to the price and they asked me if I could put down a deposit and I said yes. He asked for my fax number. I gave it so I could agreed to the price. The car was even in the shop so they could email me the Inspection report! The only thing I didn't agree to was their shipping charge and I was told I could use whom ever I wanted. And then this morning I get told "oh it's sold because you didn't agree to the price" I'm just beyond mad at this point.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. That sucks! Looked like a really good deal too.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by clphipps79 View Post
          I don't know what more I could have done. I agreed to the price and they asked me if I could put down a deposit and I said yes. He asked for my fax number. I gave it so I could agreed to the price. The car was even in the shop so they could email me the Inspection report! The only thing I didn't agree to was their shipping charge and I was told I could use whom ever I wanted. And then this morning I get told "oh it's sold because you didn't agree to the price" I'm just beyond mad at this point.
          I think they just got tired of waiting. You opened a thread here on Jan 9 discussing shipping of cars. If they sold it yesterday, that would be 11 days later, with no deposit from you. Cash on the table talks. Give them cash quicker.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

That thread had nothing to do with this car. I first contacted them Sunday! And on Sunday he said they couldn't sell the car until the car went thru their 150 point inspection. And it didn't go thru that until yesterday. The shipping thread was started to see what experiences people had with it for when I found one

Comment

Oh man thats rotten. Sorry this happened to you man. I'm more surprised at it coming from a dealer. I try not to get my hopes up and expect it more from C/L.
              Last edited by David88; 01-21-2015, 11:40 AM.
              '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
              '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
              '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
              '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
              '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
              '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
              '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

That thread had nothing to do with this car. I first contacted them Sunday! And on Sunday he said they couldn't sell the car until the car went thru their 150 point inspection. And it didn't go thru that until yesterday. The shipping thread was started to see what experiences people had with it for when I found one
                OK, I stand corrected on that one. But they in fact had no contractual commitment to you, i.e. a deposit. Bad timing for your sake that someone else came in with the cash so soon. Or maybe they sold it to an employee who had his eye on it. But my advice still stands if this has happened to you three times--be there first with the money. Wishing you better luck in the future.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Car was sold to an employee. I guess that is how we run business's. I guess they don't understand that customers pay their bills and salaries.

Comment

if he was that much of a slimebag with the sales transaction chances are the car was misrepresented too. i trust used car salespeople less than lawyers.

Comment

Car was sold to an employee. I guess that is how we run business's. I guess they don't understand that customers pay their bills and salaries.
                      Kind of what I suspected. That's one of the perks of working at a dealership; employees can get first crack at the cars. Maybe he's on the forum or will join.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

My father in law is a Mechanic at a very large local car dealer. He ALWAYS comes home with the best deals. Just a perk of the trade I guess. Sucks when it happens to you but always good to be on the receiving end of those deals. Right place at the right time I guess. With your track record of finding these deals (3 so far) there is bound to be a 4th. Don't let it slip away. DEPOSIT at time of inspection.
                        -Bryant

Comment

Well my opinion on this whole situation is this. I am a supervisor for several restaurant. I understand the importance of keeping your employees happy. BUT you're emoloyees don't buy enough cars to keep the dealership afloat. That's your customers. Their the ones that pay your paycheck and pay the dealerships bills. If it was me, I would have told the employee know that someone else was purchasing the car. IF I'm the chance it didn't work out I would consider it. But not before.

Comment

Well my opinion on this whole situation is this. I am a supervisor for several restaurant. I understand the importance of keeping your employees happy. BUT you're emoloyees don't buy enough cars to keep the dealership afloat. That's your customers. Their the ones that pay your paycheck and pay the dealerships bills. If it was me, I would have told the employee know that someone else was purchasing the car. IF I'm the chance it didn't work out I would consider it. But not before.
                            Possibly the guy who told you it needed to be inspected first didn't know that another internal deal was already in the works. Or, it just overrided your interest, due to internal politics. They are not too worried about some guy (you) who is just buying one of their low-end used cars. They probably figure, rightly or wrongly, that you are less likely to ever be in the market for a new car from them.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

The last few times this has happened, I don't doubt it was employee's. There was a dealership in SC that had an aqua 93 GL that was listed for over a month at 4995! Yes that is ridiculous and thats why it didn't sell, They marked it down to 2395, and I responded still thinking this was alittle high. I was told the car had SO many issues they sent it to auction. I just told the lady flat out "do you think I believe that? Why on the planet would you list a 22 year old car for 4 times it value and then say when you mark it down, it has too many problems so your selling it to auction? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?" Come to find out, it was an employee. Cash in hand doesn't mean squat if just one employee wants it.

Comment

Working...
                              X